Speedvision tdo4 actuator adapter bracket

HKS111

Member +
Just bought the oil feed and drain line from Sam at speedvision. I requested Sam to include the td04l actuator bracket, so he did but it's only a sort of metal plate (will post pic later).

Anybody know how to fit this or does it need to be cut/welded to fit to the actuator???

HKS111

Member +
Pic below:

Picture.jpg

HKS111

Member +
it looks like a piece of steel and no where near like a td04 bracket man, did u pay for that

No i didn't pay for it, but he said he would include the bracket for free.

Indeed, it's doesn't look like a bracket. Just a piece of steel plate, that's what i thought.

many times the exact location of the actuator will depend on how things line up for the user
so its kind of hard to make a "one fit" for everyone...you may need to install your turbo set up then see how the actuator will fit up
then you may have a better idea of the general area your actuator will sit in

there is usually cutting and drilling involved in mounting the td04 actuator to a "custom" bracket

maybe then the metal can be used to help plumb the actuator in place

maybe someone has done a set up and can provide you with pics

Texx

Super Moderator
speedvision said:
Taken from the australian starlet site

This one is for the rotating of the TDO4L

Step One:
First undo the two bolts holding the wastagate actuator on
td04rotate1.jpg

And then move it away from the turbo
td04rotate2.jpg

Step Two:
Next you need to undo this as it holds it all together
td04rotate3.jpg

Step Three:
You now need to tip it all upside down and very carefully allow it to come apart. My turbo has only done 10,000kms so it came apart easy, some will need a bit of force. Use a RUBBER mallet to help it come apart, but be very careful as it is easy to damage the blades and ruin the turbo.
td04rotate4.jpg

Step Four:
Next you need to remove the locating pin from the exhaust housing. Two options for this one; either use a grinder or a good file. Its strengthened steel and is very strong, so it can take a bit of effort if you ise a file(i did)

Before
td04rotate5.jpg

After
td04rotate6.jpg

Step Five:
Now comes the rotating, carefully put the turbo back together. You now spin it around allmost half a revolution..remember when rotating the oil drain on the center of the turbo should face downwards

Before
td04rotate7.jpg

After
td04rotate8.jpg

If you wish, bolt the turbo to the manifold so you can get a bit of an idea how it will sit in the engine bay. This will help you to rotate it if the picture doesn't help enough.

Now you just need to put the latch clamp back on and tighten it up. It is now rotated. Now you just need to take it somewhere to get the tab welded on for the wasgate actuator.

chinaone said:
Anyone have a pic of the actuator welded after it been rotated?
Is it just welding the actuator bracket to the housing?

speedvision said:
what i advise is weld a strip of metal to the actuator and bolt it onto the housing where the holes are on the housing....

^^

dac69er

Super Moderator
this is how i am doing it. i can post pics once its done. just cut the old bracket and then making a new bit to go between the 2 to alter its position.

HKS111

Member +
many times the exact location of the actuator will depend on how things line up for the user
so its kind of hard to make a "one fit" for everyone...you may need to install your turbo set up then see how the actuator will fit up
then you may have a better idea of the general area your actuator will sit in

there is usually cutting and drilling involved in mounting the td04 actuator to a "custom" bracket

maybe then the metal can be used to help plumb the actuator in place

maybe someone has done a set up and can provide you with pics

Agree with u but then Sam should have said so on his website. I mean he should have mentioned that he will provide a steel plate to make the bracket and not that he will provide the bracket itself!!