Splutter!

shauntgtt

Member +
Afternoon peeps

Ok well basically from mid to top end of the rev range, im getting a very nasty splutter which is preventing me from....well booting it! its not harsh so im sure its not fc. I changed the plugs, oil and filters last week and to be honest im sure its worse! Now to top this off...ocassionally theres a ticking noise which appears to be coming from the injectors so this must all be related?! I have an e-manage which has not been mapped since i imported the car last September...this is my only thought as to what the problem is? anyone?

Cheers all

:ep91:

Last edited:

rosshana

Member +
see what the distributor cap and arm look like, my mate told me he is having the same problem with his car so were going to have a look tonight, if i find anything that might help you out i will let you know:)

Nwimie

Member +
change the leads, dizzy cap , rotor arm, does it feel like a miss fire ? check everything ignition related.

shauntgtt

Member +
@ roasshana - cheers mate let me know what you find!

@ Nwimie - I have splitfire leads and they look in damn good nick, I think im going to replace the dizzy cap...anyone have the part no. for this?

Cheers

shauntgtt

Member +
Lots to check now then! thanks for the input chaps.

@ Glanza-V - HKS actuator mate

So this is not anything to do with fueling then?

shauntgtt

Member +
Right, last night the problem seemed to be at about its worse, so i popped the hood and took a ganders only to find that there is a frequent spark coming from the dizzy cap and earthing out on the intake pipe :0 I have ordered a new one along with a rotor arm, just hope this sorts it!