st185 front brakes question

white-ep82

Member +
Hi,

I have been offered a set of st185 disks and calipers, the twin pot import spec. I have read that I will need a 3mm spacer and longer threads?? How much will these cost? and where can I source these from? Aftfer this will they bolt straight on?

Thanks

white-ep82

Member +
could you use wheel spacers or speceific brake disk spacers? I was more worried about the extended studs? where could I get these made and a rough price if anyone knows? is there anything else I will require?

thanks again

goldenvtr

Member +
dont bother with the GT4 discs just get the calipers+carriers and pads. spaces will cost a few £ a hub and discs can be found very easily with no modding requierd ;)

goldenvtr

Member +
hey forgot about the thread lol

yea the carrier is what attaches the caliper to the hub.
i used prius discs. they are 22mm x256mm 4x100pcd so fitted perfect.

the calipers will take up to 25mm thickness but i couldnt find any of that thickness with the right radius.

those carries bolt straight to the GT's hub so your fine there:p

white-ep82

Member +
hey forgot about the thread lol

yea the carrier is what attaches the caliper to the hub.
i used prius discs. they are 22mm x256mm 4x100pcd so fitted perfect.

the calipers will take up to 25mm thickness but i couldnt find any of that thickness with the right radius.

those carries bolt straight to the GT's hub so your fine there:p

cheers mate, prius disks shouldnt be too much! id you just use wheel spacers?

Gee

Member +
Do you lock the wheels up a lot at all Dan?

Was advised to maybe go for standard GT4 discs and some half decent pads, which should be fine for the weight of our cars?

goldenvtr

Member +
i did before they where bedded in, they do still lock more easily but abit more brake controle and there great