Starlet GT on confused.com???

Corleone

Member +
So I was looking at renewal quotes and thought to try confused.com

My number plate did not find the car as I expected anyway. So I just went to choose it manually. But the choices seem a bit off...

TOYOTA STARLET GT 1990-1995 1313cc Manual Petrol

or

TOYOTA STARLET GT TURBO 1990-1994 1298cc Manual Petrol

I thought the Gt's displacement was 1331cc? Is this down to it being an import? And would the individual companies have correct details?

boostup

Member +
So I was looking at renewal quotes and thought to try confused.com

My number plate did not find the car as I expected anyway. So I just went to choose it manually. But the choices seem a bit off...

TOYOTA STARLET GT 1990-1995 1313cc Manual Petrol

or

TOYOTA STARLET GT TURBO 1990-1994 1298cc Manual Petrol

I thought the Gt's displacement was 1331cc? Is this down to it being an import? And would the individual companies have correct details?

so theres a toyota starlet gt and a toyota starlet gt turbo i thought theres only one type of starlet and thats the gt turbo

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Whatever comes up on the net when you input your plate should correspond with your V5, as that's where the information comes from. Unfortunately, if you've had a muppet importer, you may find it down as something daft, like a GLi etc... This doesn't make a difference though (unless it scares someone buying the car), and certainly doesn't mean that you can insure it as a GLi and get away with it...

The net's not the best place to get insurance quotes for imports. You're always best to phone around as you can explain things to the person you're speaking to, and maybe able to get better rates. Net rates are overly conservative, and are weighted to ensure that the risk is more than covered. That's if you can ever find a GT/Glanza listed of course...

toymotaadam

Member +
starlet gt wasnt made in the uk japan only with the turbo engine the vin number match to the gli chassis in the uk thats why u state it a import for gt turbo.i had a problem with my sunny gti it was a 1.8 import but insurer say it didnt exist but i did research and found out they made it in japan for 1 year the 2.0 sold more so they stopped the 1.8 before was released in the uk .550 were made so was pretty rare car .my mate got a glanza and his came up as a blue 5 door starlet.suppose it down to the guy that brought it into the uk.iv never known any ep82 be a gt on log book all gli dvla obv dont know bout gts in japan only uk specs

Phenom

Member +
Whatever comes up on the net when you input your plate should correspond with your V5, as that's where the information comes from. Unfortunately, if you've had a muppet importer, you may find it down as something daft, like a GLi etc... This doesn't make a difference though (unless it scares someone buying the car), and certainly doesn't mean that you can insure it as a GLi and get away with it...

The net's not the best place to get insurance quotes for imports. You're always best to phone around as you can explain things to the person you're speaking to, and maybe able to get better rates. Net rates are overly conservative, and are weighted to ensure that the risk is more than covered. That's if you can ever find a GT/Glanza listed of course...

What's daft about a GLi?.................................:argue: