starting problem

Kirsty

Member +
when starting my glanza it turns over for longer than it should before starting up. when it does start up it idles low and mis-fires slightly but after about 3-5seconds its fine.

iv tried giving it some help starting by having my foot on the gas slightly but this doesnt make any difference.

it only seems to do it when its cold. when its warm it starts as it should with no misfires.

anyone know what this could be??

churcherj

Member +
have you replaced the plugs recently? check the ht leads, distributor etc it shouldnt miss fire on start up even if its cold.

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds exactly like mine. ive been searching for over a year to find the problem and im still yet to. im pretty much replaced or checked everything i could think of.

if you find the problem then let me know.

mine has improved a bit lately, bit it did go through a spell of starting terribly almost every single time. seems really random

churcherj

Member +
sounds exactly like mine. ive been searching for over a year to find the problem and im still yet to. im pretty much replaced or checked everything i could think of.

if you find the problem then let me know.

mine has improved a bit lately, bit it did go through a spell of starting terribly almost every single time. seems really random

probably a wild guess but you think it could be anything ecu related to fuel or electrical? saw summin like this a while back and turned out to be a fuse for summin.

dac69er

Super Moderator
could be in kirstys case, but trust me, ive tried pretty much everything. only think i havnt changed or checked is the idle control valve underneath the throttle butterfly!