Starting problems - possible fuel problem???

hits

Member +
Over the weekend i ended up with a starting problem on my Glanza. The engine will crank but wont fire up. Ive checked for spark and thats fine. When i was at a friends place he checked for fuel on the return line just above the fuel pressure regulator and at first there was no fuel, so he left the nut loose and cranked the engine and then eventually some fuel came through. After that the engine started but it wasnt a very smooth idle. As you try rev it the engine will die. If you leave it to idle for a while it will eventually come right and after a few revs it will eventually rev smoother.

It seems to happen only when the car stands for a while. I changed the fuel filter yesterday but struggled to start it this morning again. Im assuming its the fuel pump but just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who might have had a similar problem...

lvaleiron

Member +
if the problem fixes after it warms up a little then i say is not the fuel pump. check your spark plugs to see if they are in good cond. Also, you can be having problem with the cold start valve, check that too.

hits

Member +
It seems to be the water/coolant temp sensor as im picking up error #22, thankfully not the fuel pump... Any idea what the three wires are for, its yellow/green, green/black and brown/white?