Staying in Aberdeen??

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
Ok anyone on here got any knowledge of Aberdeen? Me and three mates are flying up from Exeter to watch Blink 182 in August and I have absolutely no clue about the place!

They're playing at the AECC but seein as we're goin 1,100 miles to see a band, we thought we may as well stay for a few days. we wanna get a hotel close to the nightlife area (if they have one??) so that we can go out and get wankered in clubs on the other nights :D :beer:

Anyone from Aberdeen got any hints?

Ok anyone on here got any knowledge of Aberdeen? Me and three mates are flying up from Exeter to watch Blink 182 in August and I have absolutely no clue about the place!

They're playing at the AECC but seein as we're goin 1,100 miles to see a band, we thought we may as well stay for a few days. we wanna get a hotel close to the nightlife area (if they have one??) so that we can go out and get wankered in clubs on the other nights :D :beer:

Anyone from Aberdeen got any hints?

nightlife theres plenty of clubs and pubs, watch out for the gay bars theres a few.

Plenty of hotels as well, if it's a fancy hotel you want expect a reaming during the week. Oil and gas hub so weekday prices are nice and high since oil companies can afford it. Not so bad on teh weekend. There's a travel lodge on union street pretty much, thats bang on centre of town like.

cameroon95

Member +
There is a travel lodge in town as cat said which is cheap but the condition of some of the rooms is pretty horrible.

The AECC is out of the city centre a bit, you'd need to get a taxi or a bus to and from your hotel. Isn't that far though.

If you want a central hotel I've heard that aberdeen city hotel is actually ok, is where an old nightclub used to be. I haven't personally visited but a mate stayed there when he came to visit and said it was fine, its bang in the middle of belmont street which has pubs/clubs.

http://www.aberdeencitycentrehotel.co.uk/rates.php

If you like rock music, check out a place called korova, think its rock/metal on a saturday night.