strange issue

twaiter

Member +
Well guys I took he gt out for a blast over some country roads etc, I hit a pot hole not realising it loosened a boost pipe.
Anyway later on when I stopped for shopping and I drove again I noticed the dv sounded diff, but I didn't bother. Later on the boost pipe at the ic popped off, which I then sorted, but the rubber pipe is a tight bend so not a perfect 90".

She seems to be creeping to about 17psi and when I run without the dv plumbed in the turbo chatter from full boost sounds diff also..
When I come off from full boost at 15psi the turbo chatter sounds like it stalls then chatts if that makes sense?

I noticed the dv was open on idle though, if the dv vac pipe was plumbed in could the dv then leak and cause this issue of the turbo chatter or creep?
What's Ur thoughts ?

twaiter

Member +
Any thoughts?

im just wondering why now its trying to boost creep more, so im gonna turn the boost down a bit as i think boosting at 17psi on a standard ct9 is a bit much and also unsafe as its not mapped for that amount.

Rev

Member +
Maybe if the pipe loosened with a pot hole bump maybe it was already loose and leaking.When you tightened the pipe with no leak the boost went higher.

twaiter

Member +
i suppose thats an idea, but my pipe actually hit the ground which loosend it, and then i boosted later on that night and it popped off..

i'll turn the boost down a bit, the thing is the boost has always creeped about 1 psi as the revs got up, i just dont understand why the release now sounds diff..

twaiter

Member +
Well I took it out again and it boost leaks to about 17/18 psi as the revs raise..
The dv is open at idle? And it sounds more like a bus letting out gas than the way it used to which was more vicious..

Would this bend cause an issue?
IMAG0465.jpg

Rev

Member +
The bend looks like it could be a smoother you have room for a flatter curve . IMO that will effect the air velocity more then the over all pressure drop. An air leak is the most likely effecting pressure but a stuck actuator could also have an effect.

twaiter

Member +
Well I just went back out and checked it over. The actuator is stiff but not stuck, the actuator vac pipe had a thin point from where it was rubbing against the air filter pipe so I replaced that, checked all the brackets were tight etc on all the piping.
I cant think what else would be causing this issue..
My mani has a small crack but that's been their for a while..
Any thoughts ?