strange noise from front brake

finch53

Member +
hey up. my car seems to have developed a strange like binding noise from the front offside wheel when i first set off from cold when im turning sharp left (not braking). this then fades away when the brakes warm up (not a constant noise, only when i turn left off my drive), but still makes a slight noise when turning sharp lefts at speed when that wheels under load. not had chance to jack the car up yet but wondering if anyone else has had this problem? theres no clicking from the cv joint and no humming from the wheel bearing, the wheel is very stable. brake pads shouldnt have gone yet either. sounds like something is being pushed across onto the disk, maybe the shield?!
cheers.

Last edited:

alotofpower

Fresh Recruit
i had a problem before, similar to what you describe. After about 3 hours investigating, it turned out to be the big nut for the cv joint. It had somehow loosened ever so slightly. Might not be you problem but worth checking.

NORTHERNEP82

Member +
I did have a weird noise coming from the splash shield coming in contact with the disk when I turned the wheels. Look for an abrasion mark and bend the shield away with big pliers.

finch53

Member +
still not had chance to have a look yet, had my last uni exam today... into the big wide world now. its pissing it down now so will leave it till tomorrow. thanks for the advice lads, thinking its more the splash shield personally, but will give it a good strip down and a clean up tomorrow. rep added to both for actually responding without sarcastic comments. cheers.