Strange Problem

BoostJunkie

Member +
Alrite guys i have a couple of issues i need to deal with on the gt.

it started off with at idle my afr's would jump to between 16-17 but when throttle was applied and moving it would return to normal, i changed air temp sensor never done a thing so was advised to change water temp sensor so i did with a spare i had lying around it worked afr's went back to normal that was over a week ago and its started it all over again ?

i have also checked my idle control valve i took it apart and noticed that the brass disc in it that has 3 legs on it well one of them has snapped could this be causing this issue ?

and now the strange issue i have is HT lead on cylinder 2 keeps jumping out and it then runs on 3 cylinders i have no clue as to why this is happening ?

Cheers guys for any help yous can give ;)

BoostJunkie

Member +
yes i know that i have an icv and water temp sensor on order from toyota, though any ideas on how the ht lead on cylinder 2 keeps jumping out ?

TheStarletGT

Member +
There is only 1 High tension lead and thats from the coil to the dizzy. if you say number 2 cylinder gets a dead spot, check the dizzy cap for cracks, or strangely, that one lead from dizzy to spark plug needs looking at, o even look at the spark plug, maybe its fouled by oil when on cold start up.

Rory

Lifer
If the ht lead keeps popping out, once you have installed it again, releive the pressure by lifting the "square part" of it.

BoostJunkie

Member +
cheers rory now you say that ht lead 2 has never really sat flush so maybe your on the money there.

Any other ideas as to my afr situation ? once i get my water temp sensor and icv i'm gonna adjust the tps aswell make sure its spot on anything else i should consider ?