Stuck for a car

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Have absolutely no idea what to buy next, I've scoured pistonheads and there's nothing that really jumps out at me. When I get paid out for the Levin I'll have approx 3k (tops) to spend on a car.

Suggest some cars for me people. My criteria are
JDM (preferably)
Non-turbo (too easy to throw loads of money at modding!)
£3k or less.

Thats about it. Its surprisingly difficult to find anything that meets those needs. Seen a couple of Del Sol's I like but they suffer rear arch rust or are generally dogs, Civic eg or ek seem to be out of my price range and toyota offer next to cock all worth buying that isn't turbo'd.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Had a look at older corollas but they don't really rock my world, not that nice to look at are they.
That dc2 is out of my price range, 3k is pretty my the top end of what i'll have to spend once I've been paid out and cleared some debts.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Found a lovely civic with a b18 engine swap but its all the way up near glasgow, not exactly idea for a viewing! Did they make a type r equivalent colt?

wesgt

Lifer
Found a lovely civic with a b18 engine swap but its all the way up near glasgow, not exactly idea for a viewing! Did they make a type r equivalent colt?

yes

Nope I don't think so!

Could get a mg zr 160. They are suprisingly quick

and yes :haha:
its called a mivec colt or mirage, came in a couple of models, an rs cyborg model i think has recaros etc
cool little cars!
they weren't 1.8 standard but you get the idea
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1590821

originally 1.6's, and theres a few floating around with 4wd systems and evo engines

wesgt

Lifer
could be a uk rustbucket though!
bit of a mad idea, but would you not come over here for a car?
your 3000 pounds converts to 3500 euro, that would buy you a lot of car here.
flight over costs 30, ferry costs 120ish, and you can transfer it to uk reg for something like 50pounds i think. its not as much hassle as it sounds