Sun strips

Sticks

Member +
Hi All

Just wondering what people think of sun strips.

I am looking at just a plain white one for my white Glanza.

Comments Please.

Cheers
Sticks

stuart

Member +
I'm hopefully getting 1 made up advertizing my local club... I think they are like marmite

Its not as if it says MAXPOWER owt, tastefull i think lol :homer:

glanov

Fresh Recruit
yes mate i have a black one on mine with a blitz sticker to one side think it looks ok like!! less it more in my opinion

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I used to have one, Well not a big lary white one but Tinted strip going across the top of the windscreen and writing stuck on the outside. Ripped off the writing and was the best thing i did, i Still have the Tint as it serves a propose. My seat is so low that the sun-visors are useless. Not a fan of the big white strips across the top to be honest. But what ever floats your boat.

Franza1

yes mate i have a black one on mine with a blitz sticker to one side think it looks ok like!! less it more in my opinion

I had that too, But as soon as i did it no less than 8 cars around my area put the exact same on. the cars included 2 Corollas, 3 corsas, a fiesta, a Sheep in wolfs clothing lancer ( 1.3 with an evo bodykit ) and a Hyundai accident. so to be differant i took it off

Glanza Phil

Member +
i got a huge hks one on mine but i was on there wen i bought it and dont fancy takin it off cos it will take ages to get the sticky off the screen

Sticks

Member +
I used to have one, Well not a big lary white one but Tinted strip going across the top of the windscreen and writing stuck on the outside. Ripped off the writing and was the best thing i did, i Still have the Tint as it serves a propose. My seat is so low that the sun-visors are useless. Not a fan of the big white strips across the top to be honest. But what ever floats your boat.

Have you got a picture of the tinted one on your car. That sounds a lot better.

I wanted to do it because i ain't the tallest of people and the sun-visor don't really help lol :D

Franza1

It's a Medium tint, Thin it lets 60% of the light through

Glanza_spotnew.jpg

spot3.jpg

Sticks

Member +
Next question lol

Is it inside or out and does it pass the MOT with it.

Where did you get it from?

Thanks

Franza1

It's inside It's the exact same as a window tint. Should pass the MOT as some cars come with a tint on the top section. just as long as it's not too big, think mine is like 6 inches deep. Got my local window tinter to do it when he was doing the windows. cost me about 20 euro extra.

dan_ep82

Member +
to be honest i never liked them then i bought this gt and to be honest i thought it finished off the car now i think it would look boaring without it!

new016.jpg

294324-1.jpg