Suspension fitting- Top mounts Question

brownyboy

Fresh Recruit
Can you fit standard suspension without the top mounts? Or if not does any know how to position them when putting them in?

Basically i'm going to fit some standard shocks with lowering springs but have no idea how to set the top mounts up so wondered if I could just fit with the 4 bolts on each shock.

Thanks

Mark

steveep82

Member +
You have to fit top mounts yes, else the top of the suspension wont be connected too the car. Are you getting confused with something else? If the top mount is not on the shock, there will only be the threaded part of the damper cylinder up top!

brownyboy

Fresh Recruit
i have only ever fitted clio suspension before and they dont have top mounts just one bolt at the top and then connected to the hub.

Can I fit myself then, how will i know where to put the top mount exactly placed?

ep91steve

Member +
i have only ever fitted clio suspension before and they dont have top mounts just one bolt at the top and then connected to the hub.

Can I fit myself then, how will i know where to put the top mount exactly placed?

See to fit cusco pillow mounts do you have to take standard top mounts off?? Reason am asking is coz a av cusco ones and am breaking my car and would like to sell them

Rory

Lifer
Steve,

Aye they can be taken off no problem, just remember to take the nut from the top and the spacer that sits between the spring cap and camber plate.