Suspension help emergency!

ponyc

Fresh Recruit
SUSPENSION HELP EMERGENCY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what the right camber settings are on a starlet GT turbo with 205' 40' R17s?and what do i need to set it right, where do i get what i need to set it right or does anyone know someone that can do it right at a reasonable price?
If someone can help me with this it will be very much appreciated

BallıGee

Member +
with that size rims no wander it an emergecy

first off go down an inch or two

and then tell us if your runing on stock suspension

bullet

Member +
if your running coilover then the set up depends on personal preferance. Like if your going to be using the car for road only or track only etc. Ive got mine set to half a degree negative camber to help with handeling. The more camber you run the less stability you have at high speed so its up to you what you want to do with the car.

ponyc

Fresh Recruit
Okay what actual problems are you having?

Tyre wear,handling issues etc?

Like asked are you on stock suspension?

Im having trouble with the tyres rubbing on the arches.im not changing the wheels the car would not be the car it is with smaller rims.when i bought the car first it didnt rub too much and that was with lowering springs on the front only, standard springs on the back.they got worse so i put in new ones and they didnt improve it at all.now i have standard all round and its a disaster.i cant win.the lowering springs i got were from CAR L parts which is basically a motor factors.i believe that there is a solution to solve my problem and if i get the right suspension kit i think it should do the trick.its just a matter of finding it.i dont want a big gap between the arch and the rim, i cant change the rims and i just cant listen to that rubbing going on all the time and having to slow down for every bump.i thought maybe the camber settings might help.i cant get the front arches rolled only the back ones cause of the way the wings are on starlets on the front.and the car rubbs on both back and front so not much use getting only the back arches rolled.PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE SOLUTION IS

kieran.s gt

Member +
Im having trouble with the tyres rubbing on the arches.im not changing the wheels the car would not be the car it is with smaller rims.when i bought the car first it didnt rub too much and that was with lowering springs on the front only, standard springs on the back.they got worse so i put in new ones and they didnt improve it at all.now i have standard all round and its a disaster.i cant win.the lowering springs i got were from CAR L parts which is basically a motor factors.i believe that there is a solution to solve my problem and if i get the right suspension kit i think it should do the trick.its just a matter of finding it.i dont want a big gap between the arch and the rim, i cant change the rims and i just cant listen to that rubbing going on all the time and having to slow down for every bump.i thought maybe the camber settings might help.i cant get the front arches rolled only the back ones cause of the way the wings are on starlets on the front.and the car rubbs on both back and front so not much use getting only the back arches rolled.PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THE SOLUTION IS

the solution is get rid of 17 inch :homer:

other than that your going to need a really stiff suspension like coilovers to reduce the arching and arches rolled

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
the solution is get rid of 17 inch :homer:

other than that your going to need a really stiff suspension like coilovers to reduce the arching and arches rolled

very true, i'm running coilovers on 16's at the moment and i still get rubbing.

Okay i no its a pain and you dont want to but 17inch rims werent designed to be below the arches.

Okay you say that when you first got it it wasnt that bad until you changed and through time. Now when you replaced the springs a few times were the shockers ever replaced?

wesgt

Lifer
lose the 17's, they look shite on starlets, imo 15" is perfect when dropped with coilovers. 17" is only suitable for bigger cars, silvias evo's, imprezas etc. you're gonna have rubbing with 17's not to mention its gonna pull your cv joints outta the car