suspension set up

joshassassin

Member +
ok guys i got some meister r coils and am going to fit over the weekend so help will be required
firstly i know FA about how to fit it so if there is a guide a link would be greatly appreciated
secondly what camber caster and all that gubbins do i want if i have a set of 15's on it ?
thirdly massive thanks to meister r :)

kellygt

Member +
ok guys i got some meister r coils and am going to fit over the weekend so help will be required
firstly i know FA about how to fit it so if there is a guide a link would be greatly appreciated
secondly what camber caster and all that gubbins do i want if i have a set of 15's on it ?
thirdly massive thanks to meister r :)

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?430-How-To-Change-Suspension!-*

I wouldnt reccomend doing it yourself if you dont have some bit of knowledge of cars I would reccomend booking it into a garage that will set up your suspension and alignment up for you properly with laser alignment equipment

MeisterR

Lifer
It isn't very difficult, and if you got the right tools it can be done quite easily.
Make sure everything is tight (collars, locking rings, etc) after the install... and adjust the toe so it is straight.

But you will need to get it to a proper garage with a 4 wheel laser alignment machine to do an alignment after everything bed in.
Feel free to ask us if you have any questions... If in doubt, ask... don't guess. Not worth breaking things as it cost more in the long run. :)

Fatman

Member +
me dads got a kit for toe in and all that lol hes rly anal about all that and dosent trust any garages lol

Even a little toe in/out will RAPIDLY destroy your tires and it's not something that's easy to set by eye or with basic tools. Ignore the old man and get it done by a pro. Also bear in mind that the toe curve changes with ride height, make sure you get the height set to where you want it before you get it aligned.

joshassassin

Member +
lol hes got a kit from a garage lol wheel mounted laser kit
he only got it because of all the fookin pot holes around the south lol
um yea the wheel wont be parrall to the road when lowered so does any one have any numbers i can try when i have fitted the meister r's?
basicly i want a little bit of toe in at the front but as you said not too much or my tyres will be good for all of 2k miles lol
(am fitting these before the 7th so any idias or setups welcome)