TD04 Cat Convertor

gizzy98

Member +
Hi Guys,

Just getting my TD04 ready to fit this year and wondered what everyone has done for a Cat for MOT time?

Thanks,

Adam

matt walters

Member +
Been very friendly to the mot tester and place a nice £20 in his hand

Dont think there's much you can do without putting the ct9 and all that shit back on

gizzy98

Member +
I was thinking abt getting a Cat welded inline to my Blueflame by a local exhaust place, worth it for less hassle?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you fit a cat and it has been mapped properly it should pass the cat test fine. if you get a freeflow sports cat it doesnt reduce the performance as much as you may think.

gizzy98

Member +
ill be running a JAM ecu so thought a sports cat would be ok.

Or would I be able to put the standard ecu on for MOT time to help reduce emissions?

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
is it a glanza u got or gt coz i had my gt mot'd yesterday and the manager agreed with me that it should hav a basic emissions test ie a non cat test even though my car passed a cat test with no cat and a bloody big turbo on it lol

buckets

Member +
a cat fitted back in the exhaust system wont pass tried it myself just wont bring down the emissions enough.
a cat needs to be right at the back of a turbo to work to pass emissions other wise your pissing in the wind ,thats why most people are breaking there cars now they fear the nct and mot :)

pockrockgtti

Member +
I find slipping an extra £20 note in the testers hand is the best option, and dont go telling everyone else a paticular test station has done you a favour.

dac69er

Super Moderator
a cat fitted back in the exhaust system wont pass tried it myself just wont bring down the emissions enough.

then it wont pass on a ct9 either. at idle and even fast idle the emissions will be the same whether its a td04 or a ct9

gizzy98

Member +
im thinking it would be less risky to just fit my old non hybrid CT9 and Cat inc original ECU before the MOT

just go around a few garages the ones that are known for bein abit dodgy lol and ask them if theyd pass a decat and offer them abit more dough