td04 on tmic?

enright82

Member +
im looking to go tdo4 but dont have a fmic, im only planning on running 0.6 bar on ex WG set up with side exit. stock internals, injectors, ecu and td fuel pump. im currenly running 0.8 on ct9. im not gunna melt anything am i?

J25GTi

Lifer
Wouldn't bother, ct9 gets far too hot as it is. And the outlet won't match up without custom pipework

in some i remember doing a 3 gear flat out pull and from 30 degree intakes by the to of 4th gear it was 75 degree intake which is dangerious engine failure levels. the top mount is terrible and actually dangerious if its warm outside

Tim :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well tbh even if your running .08bar on a td04, it will push less hot air then the ct9, but still... i think TMIC is shit on any turbo

M

mad_max926

im using arc tmic, thanks to relocated air filter my temps are fine and my car runs welll, most people on here will slate a tmic the japs used to use tmic with the blitz turbos and they had no bother so i dont see why a tdo4 would cause problems especially at that boost , i wouldn change my top mount for the world there is no turbo lag wot so eva just kicks straight in. but if your using the oem unit i have heard bad stuff about em.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
im using arc tmic, thanks to relocated air filter my temps are fine and my car runs welll, most people on here will slate a tmic the japs used to use tmic with the blitz turbos and they had no bother so i dont see why a tdo4 would cause problems especially at that boost , i wouldn change my top mount for the world there is no turbo lag wot so eva just kicks straight in. but if your using the oem unit i have heard bad stuff about em.

a tmic can never be as effective as an fmic. you probably dont find problems cos you dont have much hot weather. for us its a big problem even if its a bog standard car!

thefalls

Member +
As others have stated,better avoid the tmic with bigger turbos. A fmic is way better than a tmic in terms of efficiency. It makes up for the minimal lag that results.

J25GTi

Lifer
What are your temperatures then mate?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
as a temporary measure, (especially in this weather) you'll be fine, also the td04 @ 0.6 will bearly be breaking a sweat so intake temps should be good.

in the long run a fmic will be better but you certainly won't damage anything.

i only see those temps when its warm outside, now its cold i don't get above 35 degrees from a 4 gear full run. although after a few mins of playing up and down the gears it still goes upto 55 and thats with outside temps being 2-3 degree's

M

mad_max926

ill ask the guys who did my dyno next time im up there they were good i cant remember is there a way to find out??

well the dyno guy won't have any means of knowing the air intake temps either unless you've got something like a standalone ecu like the power fc which will display what they are. even then its not accurate unless you refit the stock sensor with a fast reacting item

tim :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i only see those temps when its warm outside, now its cold i don't get above 35 degrees from a 4 gear full run. although after a few mins of playing up and down the gears it still goes upto 55 and thats with outside temps being 2-3 degree's

and with the outside temp being 2 -3 deg its good? lol imagine with 30deg.. or lets say 25.. cos i dont think you get to 30 over there

yes the standard top mount keeps temperatures under control but this is with almost freezing outside conditions.

i remember in the summer when we were getting 22 degree's if i went from 2nd to top of 4th gear i could see 75 degree intakes which is dangerious

enright82

Member +
as a temporary measure, (especially in this weather) you'll be fine, also the td04 @ 0.6 will bearly be breaking a sweat so intake temps should be good.

in the long run a fmic will be better but you certainly won't damage anything.

yer it will be untill i can afford a fmic, and surely a td04 at.6 will blow cooler air than a ct9 at .8?

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
also if u are running a td04 it wont connect to a top mount coz it points down and this fmic on ebay is for a ct9 but u can just change elbow of pipe so it works on td04 turbo