Td04 - Td05 max levels

gmangt

Fresh Recruit
Ok i know alot of people on the site are runing TD04 turbos but the TD05 conversion what are the main gains to justify the extra cost and work involved.

If the TD04 maxs at 1.4 bar (when does it achive full boost ?rpm)

Then what boost does the TD05 max at?

Also why dont people run the latter more if you need the same mods (forged rebuild etc...) to run the two turbo setups.

This is a question thats been bugging me for some time.

Cheers guys/girls

GTwayne

Member +
All down to cost I expect and lag. A TD04 will boost up to 26psi but will then be outside it's maximum efficiency of 22psi and will hit full boost between 3500-4000 rpm.
Not sure at what rpm the TD05 hit full boost but would have thought it would be later.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
You dont need to forge with the TD04, obviously ur not getting the full benifit from it if you dont though.

Think the lag of the TD05 puts most people off.

nitewalker

Fresh Recruit
You dont need to forge with the TD04, obviously ur not getting the full benifit from it if you dont though.

Think the lag of the TD05 puts most people off.

TD04H turbo best on 4EFTE engine due to small back end but if u have 5e setup TD05H would be better and TD05H max out at 22psi

colin

Fresh Recruit
is the td05 the same fitting as a td04??? and what td04 does wepr sell is it a td04l or td04h or what???

gmangt

Fresh Recruit
Haha gonna add to the problem here

1. The question isnt really answered because if both run run the same boost then the extra cash dosent justify.

2. The K24 is being thrown in Benifits over the the other setups

Sorry if im a pain in the arse just gettin ready to part with the cash ive been saving up for ages.

GTwayne

Member +
Haha gonna add to the problem here

1. The question isnt really answered because if both run run the same boost then the extra cash dosent justify.

2. The K24 is being thrown in Benifits over the the other setups

Sorry if im a pain in the arse just gettin ready to part with the cash ive been saving up for ages.

Quicker spool time less lag.

gmangt

Fresh Recruit
hmmmmmm ok starting to get the picture sitting here with hyper revs in front of me so just tryna work things out. thanks for the help.

colin

Fresh Recruit
thanks gtwayne i have a full td04 kit from wepr just always wondered witch one still not fitted yet going into my ep80 91 starlet 5efte.

A

Animal GT

iv a tdo4l kit on not yet put the boot down cause am runing my engine in!!jus wondering if i was to change to td05 would i have to change mani and stuf or jus turbo???
cheers