TD04 vacum hose plumbing .. help

Sii

Member +
People,

Got a few weeks off work due to a gap in my contracts so I thought I'd eventually get around to fitting the TD04, wiring in the Emanage blue and EBC. Now that I have the turbo fitted I'm replacing the worn vacum pipes with nice hardcore stuff from the local hydraulic suppliers.

Now I need a supply running into the car to feed the gauges, emanage and EBC, I can T that from under the bay and route it accordingley.

However the feed from the turbo, inlet manifold etc ...

Now the compressor side of the turbo has a pipe coming off, do I feed this onto the actuator and also T this to the inlet manifold, taking a T for the emanage and EBC?

Or do I need seperate feed for emanage and EBC? - I assume they share the same feed.....

I was about to do that right now but thought if best to ask .....

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
The one from compressor housing to actuator controls the pressure as normally there is a pressure drop from turbo to throttle body I wouldn't connect it to the throttle body incase it alters the control of boost.
You will need to take the feed from compressor housing to the ebc and then from ebc to actuator make as little connections as possible with all the new pipes thus eliminating chance of boost leaks. If emanage needs a feed then take it from throttle body as it shouldn't matter as much or t into the ebc pipe.

This is how I would do it. Some may disagree.

Sii

Member +
So nobody else has their TD04 plumbed in? They're all just sitting about in the bay ;)

I've ran a feed from the actuator from the turbo housing, connecting the EBC in there. Then taken a feed from the throttle body and ran that into the cabin, T'ing off for the E-Manage, EBC unit and gauge.

That should do it, that way the EBC is the only thing involved in the initial boost from the turbo, the gauge, EBC and Emanage take a throttle body reading, meaning if I get any losses in the IC and associated piping then all we be sweet as it's reading just before intake.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I've ran a feed from the actuator from the turbo housing, connecting the EBC in there. Then taken a feed from the throttle body and ran that into the cabin, T'ing off for the E-Manage, EBC unit and gauge.

Huh?:confused:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
BTW could some one confirm my way

Line ran between compressor housing to actuator with EBC "IN" T'd in and EBC "OUT" ran to Inlet manifold (back of it)

D.V ran off original inlet mani line with boost guage T'd in

Rory

Lifer
Turbo compressor to Boost controller
Boost controler to Actuator

As for the EMB pressure sensor, I "T" into the map sensor vacume line fom the inlet manifold. I wouldnt take it from the same source/line as he EBC.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

As for the EMB pressure sensor, I "T" into the map sensor vacume line fom the inlet manifold. I wouldnt take it from the same source/line as he EBC.

Maybe chris can clear this up,but im sure ive no line ran to the EMB:confused:

Ill try your way tomorow rory,would my way create stall?

Rory

Lifer
Unsure buddy.

Does your EMB not have the pressure sensor so you can run more than XX amount of boost?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Unsure buddy.

Does your EMB not have the pressure sensor so you can run more than XX amount of boost?

Not that i know of,the only lines going back into the cabin are for the boost guage and the EBC,and even the the ebc via a small T

Sii

Member +

I have set it up as your first sentence, running Compressor ---- EBC solonoid ---- Actuator.

The second part, would it not make sence for the gauges, EMB and EBC unit to all share the same feed? None of them allow loss, so the gauges would read the PSI that the EMB is seeing and the EBC unit would also read the same. Would it not be ideal for all 3 pieces of equipment to share the same PSI for tuning and running of the car?

If you were to take different feed locations then the gauge could be showing X and the EBC or EMB showing Y, thus not allowing accurate readings and RR setup?

I'm only assuming here mind you.

Rory

Lifer
What i meant was, dont take a source from the EBC lines.

As for the Gauge and EMB you can take them from the same line, or diffirent points.
As long as it gets a feed from the inlet, then your all good.

I have set it up as your first sentence, running Compressor ---- EBC solonoid ---- Actuator.

The second part, would it not make sence for the gauges, EMB and EBC unit to all share the same feed? None of them allow loss, so the gauges would read the PSI that the EMB is seeing and the EBC unit would also read the same. Would it not be ideal for all 3 pieces of equipment to share the same PSI for tuning and running of the car?

If you were to take different feed locations then the gauge could be showing X and the EBC or EMB showing Y, thus not allowing accurate readings and RR setup?

I'm only assuming here mind you.

Sii

Member +
What i meant was, dont take a source from the EBC lines.

As for the Gauge and EMB you can take them from the same line, or diffirent points.
As long as it gets a feed from the inlet, then your all good.

When you say "EBC LINES" do you not mean the actuator - EBC solonoid - Compressor.

I have not took any feed from that linked line, but the EBC BOX (not the solonoid) guage and EMB are all fed from the inlet.

There are only two points to take a feed from, the turbo or the inlet, I have the EBC, EMB and Gauge from the inlet via a single feed into the cabin, then T'd from there. I have left the Act-EBS Solonoid-Comp housing link alone.

That way the solonoid has 1 in and 1 out supply to deal with, less chance of leaks and the guage will tell me exactly what the EMB and EBC are reading when it comes to going into the engine, as apposed to coming out of the turbo. I was always leads to believe that the inlet psi was more important thn the compressor housing output.

Sii

Member +
Unsure buddy.

My EMB has a seperate box (solonoid) that has about 5-6 feet of wire, it has the boost line plumbed into it then obviously sends the reading to the EMB box to allow tuning. It plugs into the EMB box via a small connector located next to where the main harness goes in.

I can take pics if wanted.

Rory

Lifer
Yes, dont T into the EBC lines for your gauge reading etc.

As for your EMB map sensor, try and give that its own feed from the standard map sensor vacume.

For the gauge T into the BOV line

Does your EBC need 2 sources? Surely it only needs the sources to the solenoid?

When you say "EBC LINES" do you not mean the actuator - EBC solonoid - Compressor.

I have not took any feed from that linked line, but the EBC BOX (not the solonoid) guage and EMB are all fed from the inlet.

There are only two points to take a feed from, the turbo or the inlet, I have the EBC, EMB and Gauge from the inlet via a single feed into the cabin, then T'd from there. I have left the Act-EBS Solonoid-Comp housing link alone.

That way the solonoid has 1 in and 1 out supply to deal with, less chance of leaks and the guage will tell me exactly what the EMB and EBC are reading when it comes to going into the engine, as apposed to coming out of the turbo. I was always leads to believe that the inlet psi was more important thn the compressor housing output.

Sii

Member +

As for your EMB map sensor, try and give that its own feed from the standard map sensor vacume.

EBC, 2 sources? No the solonoid sits IN LINE between the actuator and compressor. The EBC has a didgital cable running to the EBC in the cabin, so only one feed runs into that.

So let me list it again

I have 1 feed running from the actuator to the compressor, this has the EBC solonoid plumed in there, allowing the gases to flow through.

Then not wanting to disturb that line I use the inlet manifold feed run into the cab, now this has to be T'd into for the gauge, EMB and EBC.

This inlet feed allows the EBC to know what is going on in the engine bay, the gauge gives me a visual reading of that said boost value and the EMB can then also get areading. I will plumb my bov into the inlet before it goes into the cabin.

I'm going to post a picture up as it's confusing people.

What I have noticed is that a lot of people have things plumbed in differently to each other with no specific right/wrong way.

Sii

Member +

Just so you know I have an HID boost controller, this has the solonoid in place in the engine bay, then a wire running back to the main brains of the EBC, which tne requires a feed to allow readings.

Well that's what the destructions say anyway.

Where is the standard map sensor plumbed in?

Rory

Lifer
From what you have just said, it sounds fine, but a pic would clarify.

Standard Map sensor is plumbed into the back of the inlet maniifold.
the Map sensor is located on the bulk head right behind the inlet manifold (EP82 anyway)

I have 1 feed running from the actuator to the compressor, this has the EBC solonoid plumed in there, allowing the gases to flow through.

Then not wanting to disturb that line I use the inlet manifold feed run into the cab, now this has to be T'd into for the gauge, EMB and EBC.

This inlet feed allows the EBC to know what is going on in the engine bay, the gauge gives me a visual reading of that said boost value and the EMB can then also get areading. I will plumb my bov into the inlet before it goes into the cabin.

I'm going to post a picture up as it's confusing people.

What I have noticed is that a lot of people have things plumbed in differently to each other with no specific right/wrong way.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator

Done this and got boost but got a dodgy reading,took way too long to register boost and then it was under boosting according to the reading but the boostguage said it was good

Went EBC (feed for pressure reading T'd into this line) to compressor
Actuator to EBC

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Went EBC (feed for pressure reading T'd into this line) to compressor
Actuator to EBC
Done the above again but T'd into boost guage/D.V line coming from throttle body/intake mani (front)

Boosting good now but actually spiking when the wheels are spinning in wet weather:confused: