Tein Super Street Coilovers

Idrees

Banned
Hey guys,

Are many people using these on daily drivers? I'm buying some just soon but I'm a little scared of them being too stiff.

If I have them on the softest setting, how comfortable will the ride will be? Would they handle well on soft settings or does that lose the point of having coilovers?

Also to adjust them I believe I need some spanners, where can I get these from and do they cost much?

And finally, can anybody local recommend where to get them set up from? I'm in West Yorkshire. Is it hard to set them up myself and just get the four wheel alignment done after?

Many thanks for any help. :)

cole

Member +
there awsome ride on the road idrees sham has them in his crx

ive also heard they dont go low

sham said they was too soft on the soft settings so he has his fairly stiff

and sham has those coilover keys heel lend u them

cole

Member +
Oh no, I wanted coilovers especially to go silly low. :(

Any pics of how low they do go?

shams crx is slammed

and hes using them supose its just how low you class low

they go low enough and i can remember when i had my type hr coilovers slammed they just used to smash on every uneven road and do your headin

it ended up cracking my manifold because of it

Idrees

Banned
Ouch! Oh I dunno now, should I just put in the extra dough and get some nearly new K-Sport coilovers?

cole

Member +
Ouch! Oh I dunno now, should I just put in the extra dough and get some nearly new K-Sport coilovers?

up 2 u man

the super streets are best for comfort on the road i recon

coilovers are ment for the track end of ....

on the roads they are far too stiff

Pav

Member +
Idrees, those coilovers you're looking at arent superstreets mate, theyre mono flex. :)

Mono flex are far more track based and about as bumpy as cusco zero twos or D2s. My mate has superstreets and they are great for comfort but as mentioned above, dont go low at all, no lower than some 40mm springs really.

The monoflex are very good coilovers though. Just dont expect them to be comfortable because theyre not! You will get slammage with them though :)

Last edited:

Idrees

Banned
Doh. :homer:

How stupid of me, I just automatically thought they were the Super Streets!

I'll get them bought then, cheers for your help on the phone Pav. :)

MentaLEP91

Member +
well monoflex collies are rly stiff on the road. also I've heard ( and experienced ) that if u keep coilovers on the softest setting, (mostly monotube collies) they tend to loose oils and eventually go bad. Monoflex is RLY hard on the road so its more track oriented suspension. K-Sport (which i own atm) are softer than Monoflex, cheap and good overall (alltho my drivers canister leaked out due to wrong dampening settings).

Imo mate, u should rly think that collies are more track oriented than road usage, the stiffer they are, the harder your starlet gets. Plus I think (unsure of it) monotube coilovers often hate super low settings

Idrees

Banned
Thanks mate, would you recommend the K Sports? I'm hoping to have the car as a daily driver only till this coming winter, then I'll buy a daily runner.

I've just had another look at the sales thread and it does state Super Street!

Can anybody tell by looking at this pic?

Photo0088.jpg

Last edited:

Pav

Member +
they look exactly like my super streets but with an extra locking ring at the bottom???

Superstreets are not adjustable at the bottom mounts, thats why there are no rings at the bottom of yours. The bottom mounts are also much longer than mono flex coilovers, meaning a higher ride height.

Pav

Member +
it seems they are Type-RA..old series and rly hard, more track oriented

What are you basing this on mate?

They look identical to the current mono flex range available. Either way, youre right about the ride, its gonna be quite harsh on british roads!

dac69er

Super Moderator
Superstreets are not adjustable at the bottom mounts, thats why there are no rings at the bottom of yours. The bottom mounts are also much longer than mono flex coilovers, meaning a higher ride height.

i know that mate. was just commenting that they look nearly identical apart from the extra ring.

MentaLEP91

Member +
I copied the picture, zoomed it and I think i've read RA on the bottom. Either way It's Idrees' choice whether to contact the man that sells em and ask him what model are they :p

munday

Member +
Have you seen the pics of my Glanza in the photo section? That's on super streets and I can't fit a finger between the arch and the wheel.

As for comfort...I find them fine on the daily drive!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Have you seen the pics of my Glanza in the photo section? That's on super streets and I can't fit a finger between the arch and the wheel.

As for comfort...I find them fine on the daily drive!

Do you have much preload on the spring to get them that low? How does it handle bumps at speed?