Terrible Decrease in power

somal

Member +
i am having an issue with my gt, having a terrible issue of the car feeling sluggish ONLY when the AC is on and cuts out while driving from time to time.

Any ideas fellas ?

Changed Leads and plugs, coil pack.

could b a battery / alternator issue.. but im no mechanic sugestion tho.. n the aircon will take part of the power when its on this is normal but if its a rediculous amount of powerloss could b an issue u have espesh if it keeps cutting out.. just some sugestions to get the ball rolling sure some of the others more in the know will b more helpful

somal

Member +
new battery, alternator works fine....its like the car would slow it self down with the ac on that kinda power loss

TurboDave

Member +
Probably because the AC system will sap about 15-20% of your power and it will increase temps as the engine will be working harder to run the AC.

somal

Member +
Probably because the AC system will sap about 15-20% of your power and it will increase temps as the engine will be working harder to run the AC.

no its not normal, i have had ac all the time and use it daily....this is something new to me

somal

Member +
its like if i am in 3rd and i accelerate then come off the throttle the car would jerk back and slow down....only when ac is on.

TurboDave

Member +
Your not going to get a definitive answer for the following reasons;

You are not giving anyone enough information.

Most people over here remove their AC or rarely use it meaning not many people would have experienced what you are getting.

It would be impossible to diagnose properly without somebody looking at it.