TGTT Bishopscourt Meet/Drag Racing- Guaging Interest

Would you go?

• Total voters

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Well,
I was just thinking the other day that come the new year i'll want to head up to Bishopscourt to try out the new turbo etc. And seeing as i was planning a meet i thought i could tie this in with it so it wasnt another park your car up and freeze to death (which is grand if for a few hours) type meet.

So i was talking to frank and got the ok, so im just provisonally trying this out to see if theres interest.

So i got in contact with the bishopscourt event organizer Wayne and the dates and conditions would be
7th & 8th Feb and 7th & 8th March.
Saturdays for Drag, Sundays for Drift and Test Sessions
Im just waiting on a reply for how much,how many runs and how many can he fit in:D

Im sure a good few people on here will already know the prices etc,so if you do post it up:)
Prices are:
Drag £40
Tests from £30 (3 runs) - £50 (unlimited runs within time frame)
Drift £40
Anyway it would be a bit of a break from the traditional meets, and i can invite a few members from another forum to get a bit of good competiton (k20,h22 civics,evos etc) and we'll probably still have the few hours in the cold but it'd be good to put your car where your mouth is so to speak:D

So the main question is is there any interest,if so what date?

If theres enough interest we can see about convoys etc

Update

Unlimited runs from 10am to 5pm on the 7th of March for £40
The Febuary idea was dropped (not by me) apparently,sorry to those who voted for it.

At least this way the weather will be better and a bit more time to fine tune the cars.

Website- pre-pay via paypal
**DO NOT PAY USING PAYPAL UNTIL AFTER THE 7TH OF FEBUARY***
Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

bigdoods

Member +
Thats the idea so its not just starlets,id actually look forward to see how a td04'd GT goes against a K20:)

id say it would chew it.friends ITR bet a k20 eg and i presume the td04 will too.but yes a brilliant idea.i hope it gets going.are you having all three sessions like test,drag and drift?i could bring up the 200sx and the glanza for two sessions ha.

steo800

Member +
id be interested aswell if the granza is back, but make sure your research is done if you go in feb.

chances are in feb its gonna be raining,so its crap with fwd, especially higher powered ones.

also, it would have to be mostly a drag day with not much else on, as when i went up, the drag racing was left until last, and it was dark by then.

i couldnt see puddles and was aquaplaining at high speed, and there was tires left in the middle of the strip past the finish line making for some interesting high speed chicanes.

some cars came back with tires lodged in their bumpers.

track being dry cannnot be helped, if it rains, it rains.but you can do something about it being bright

edit

right just read a bit more of first post.

saturday for drag.....make sure you get a full timetable for the day, see how many drag sessions there is and for how long

Last edited:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Im waiting on a reply from wayne about time and how many runs etc

Cheers for the people for voting not interested,didnt think you would be as your not living in ireland:)

Phil

Super Moderator
Cheers for the people for voting not interested,didnt think you would be as your not living in ireland:)

psml, who was it? lol

i should be there dont see why not. maybe just for the meet though.

Phil

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
psml, who was it? lol

i should be there dont see why not. maybe just for the meet though.

Phil

Its a public pole:haha:

No problem,glad you can come, you dont have to actually go on the strip just stand around and talk shite:haha::D

Phil

Super Moderator
just stand around and talk shite:haha::D

haha, why does anything else happen at a meet? maybe i'll collect another little bolt for my td04 kit lol every meet a get some other little bit off someone(usually weejohn). should have everything i need by spring 2012 :)

Phil

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
haha, why does anything else happen at a meet? maybe i'll collect another little bolt for my td04 kit lol every meet a get some other little bit off someone(usually weejohn). should have everything i need by spring 2012 :)

Phil

LOL,what bolt?
Great thing about having john at a meet..."eh john,come here for a minute and have a look at this":haha:

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
id be interested aswell if the granza is back, but make sure your research is done if you go in feb.

chances are in feb its gonna be raining,so its crap with fwd, especially higher powered ones.

also, it would have to be mostly a drag day with not much else on, as when i went up, the drag racing was left until last, and it was dark by then.

i couldnt see puddles and was aquaplaining at high speed, and there was tires left in the middle of the strip past the finish line making for some interesting high speed chicanes.

some cars came back with tires lodged in their bumpers.

track being dry cannnot be helped, if it rains, it rains.but you can do something about it being bright

edit

right just read a bit more of first post.

saturday for drag.....make sure you get a full timetable for the day, see how many drag sessions there is and for how long

First post updated

Its a drag day, all day:)