think maybe fuel cut??????

sgtturbo

Member +
Hey i posted a while ago about my car struggling and stuff.
I have replaced a number of parts fuel pump .... plugs etc cleaned up alot of other parts too.
My dad been test driving it as im no longer insured and he says it seems to drive fine until you boot it. Under light throttle it will rev round fine. Under boost it feels like he been rammed from behind.
It had standrd everything other than hks actuator ( turned so low it just holds the wastegate shut)( unsure of psi) air filter relocated to front grill and my front exit exhaust.
I also have a diode across two wires on the turbo pressure sensor which im told is a cheap was of cutting out fuel cut?????
It makes no diff with the diode in or out.
Can anyone please help me.

monka

Member +
turned it down so much the wastegate is shut?

that aint a good thing, as if the wastegate is shut the boost is going to going crazy.

MJA

Member +
it's fuelcut.

a very common problem, especially at this time of year. With that front exit exhaust on the stock CT-9, it will be boosting like crazy due to not having any back pressure. The front mounted filter will also give you problems.

the last thing you should be doing is trying to bypass fuelcut, it's there for a very good reason. You need to remove it completely using an HKS/JAM fuelcut defencer, and sort of the fueling with an RRFPR and some kind of piggyback engine management, such as an Apexi SAFC/SAFC 2/Neo.

sgtturbo

Member +
Miss typed that i think. I ment wound the actuator all the way out so you hardly had to pull it out any more to secure into place. I hope i thinking that would lower the boost rite down. I may put standrd actuator back on. Im selling the car soon.

But you think it shall be fuel cut. If i buy a FCD would that rander the problem. I have a RRFPR too. which i presume will help????

Thanks
Andy