throttle positioning sensor

mossy

Member +
I took my car for mapping 2 weeks ago and my tuner called me shortly after i dropped the car saying my tps is not functioning properly. what he meant the signal from sensor either is 0.01v or 5.0v nothing in between.therefore i got another sensor from my mate, replaced it and tried it and exactly the same.
so i was brave enough to open back bit of the sensor to see how does it operate, then i came to the conclusion that the 4e tps probably are like that they only can send signal as open or closed throttle not half way through or similar position , quote me if i am wrong????
does any body have any experience with these sensors particularly the guys who are self tuner or knows about ecu's stuff?
thanx in advance

ragz

Member +
ep82 are on/off type sensors
ep91 are variable type

someone correct me if im wrong

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
ep82 are on/off type sensors
ep91 are variable type

someone correct me if im wrong
Your right about the EP82 TPS, works works either on or off so can't be used for mapping so mapping takes abit longer but can still get same results, never tryed a EP91 yet but i know the EP82 Auto ECU uses a variable type TPS.

~Nick

mossy

Member +
thanx guys for quick response, i think i order a new sensor in from toyota, have any idea how much will it cost new?
ta