Timing 4efte engine in diagnostic mode

Frankieflowers

Member +
Hello guys!

if you weeks ago I read about the procedure of putting the diagnostic pins Teat1 and eat one together in order to cut the ECU compensation on the timing. This procedure is necessary to set the mechanic timing on +10. Removing the diagnostic mode will allow the computer to set the timing on 0 on idle. better to do this when the engine is warm.
I did exactly what I just wrote the first time and everything went well. The second time I did it, after I had to work on the engine and checking that camshaft and crank parts were exactly where they should, the procedure isn’t working anymore. Setting diagnostic mode and putting the distributor on +10 works but when I take the diagnostic mode off the timing goes to +15 or stays on +10. This is weird because I don’t have an idea why this is happening. It could be the distributor. Someone would say that the timing belt is off a dent. That is 100% not possible because we double checked. Maybe the distributor isn’t working as it should for some reason that I don’t know. Please help.