Too Much Camber oops!

liam2368

Member +
well had a dabble on the cusco top mounts about 7 weeks ago, mostly trial and error really so had no idea how much to adjust, so adjusted it and it totally transformed the handling of the car gave me a lot more confidence turning in and mid corner,

now the downside
Photo0089.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

as you can see slicks one side and tread the other :p

now iv adjusted it by bring the shocks out toward the wings near to where it was before, but my question is, the 4 allen key bolts on the top mount do these matter where they are placed and if so what do they do??

Sorry for the essay.

madman

Member +
their should be marking's on them and a mark on the nut of the shock, line these up to 0 and you will have normal camber and give it 1degree positive or so if ya like but it shouldn't wear the tyre's as much as previous.. and yes the nuts do matter they hold the shock in place

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Sorry for the hijack but it seems along the same lines.

I got my car tracked yesterday but it still pulls to the left. Camber is inwards 1 degree,any idea?

madman

Member +
Sorry for the hijack but it seems along the same lines.

I got my car tracked yesterday but it still pulls to the left. Camber is inwards 1 degree,any idea?

is it pulling to the left badly or just slightly if its only slightly thats o.k.. and check the tyre pressure aswel

liam2368

Member +
ill take a picture of how they are now.

but as you have said above my car doesnt steer to one side but its intermittent and can go either way lol.

HorwathBence

Member +
well.. it didnt eat the tyre becouse the too much camber.originally it should be about as far as i know +0.5 deg measured on the wheel. Then u van give it approx 2~3 degs.. i dont know...
I am runing mne on -1.5 deg, and i am usin it eweriday... and nothing like yours.

I think your problem is the not correch "balance of the 3 angles. If u give it more camber, tha u fave to give it more toe out.

Basiquely imagine a bolt rolling on the floor. it have a camber so it is rolling around. If u want no side movement crawling or what, what couses the tyre wearing, u have to find the setup, when there is no side force, so adjust the toe a bit out.

As i remember i am using 2mm toe out... but not sure.

And u have to lower the tyre pressure i think...