toyo sports turbo on ebay

parko

Fresh Recruit
hi guys,

my turbo seals are on there way out on my ep82 i think, and i was looking for a new one and found this one on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Starle...&ps=63&clkid=7384232086509793066#ht_703wt_911) does anyone know if it a decent unit? do toyo sports actually make them? if so do you think i would be better off buying a different make.
i also thought about putting a TD04 turbo on as it might be cheaper i only have minor mods done (toyo sports manifold / decat, exhaust, induction kit) so would it be worth it? and is there much mods needed to do to fit it? any help would be great,

cheers tom

parko

Fresh Recruit
not recommended then no? don't suppose anyone knows where i can get a reasonable replacement?

Fro

Member +
I would highly doubt it was a speedvision hybrid. Enzo on uksc sells starndard replacement reconditioned ct9s, if your going for one id go for his, least he is a reputable trader.

Fro

Member +
Fuck me i stand corrected. Can see the comp wheel isnt standard anyway. Ok if you fancy a risk, but to be on the safe side id be going through enzo for one.

parko

Fresh Recruit
thanks guys, i have PM'd enzo on uksc. looks like a much safer deal and not much more for a tongs CT9 either :) might go hybrid... not sure though.

cheers guys

Fro

Member +
The reconditioned ct9s are pretty expensive iirc, though at least you know what your getting.
Where in aberdeenshire are you??

durmz

Member +
ive heard good things about the spec 2 hybrids from speedvision though, if thats what that ebay one is, ide consider it for sure

parko

Fresh Recruit
The reconditioned ct9s are pretty expensive iirc, though at least you know what your getting.
Where in aberdeenshire are you??

yeah i know, thats why i am considering saving a bit more and getting the gt spec hybrid CT-9 but i am not sure if it will be worth it.. i have an uprated manifold, decat, exhaust, and dumpvalve so would just need a front mounted intercooler. do you think it would be worth it if i am not wanting to change internals?

i stay out by torphins/ banchory way mate, where are you at like?

Fro

Member +
You would maybe need fuelling checked too if you stuck a hybrid on, but you'd be aswell getting an adjustable actuator and some fuelling mods along with a front mount and upping the boost!
Or try for a second hand ct9 if you can get a decent one, save you some pennies.
My Gt came from Banchory, bought it off heppy a couple years ago now. I stay in insch though. Where you get the Gt from?

parko

Fresh Recruit
You would maybe need fuelling checked too if you stuck a hybrid on, but you'd be aswell getting an adjustable actuator and some fuelling mods along with a front mount and upping the boost!
Or try for a second hand ct9 if you can get a decent one, save you some pennies.
My Gt came from Banchory, bought it off heppy a couple years ago now. I stay in insch though. Where you get the Gt from?

i have been searching but there not that cheap think i would would rather get a new turbo as it would only be a couple hundred more and i shouldn't have to change it again, so what you recon a new fuel pump and regulator and boost control? would that do the job?
oh yeah! think i have heard of him like! inch! do u know my mate greg phillips? he stays out there hese got a civic jordan. everyone out there has civics now! its crazy lol
i went all the way to ireland for mine lol its a 1991 limited edition and had 49000 miles so was worth the mission over lol

Last edited:

Fro

Member +
Just so you know, i emailed the place on ebay and those turbos are made in china, so take from that what you will!!
Aye i know Greg, tidy jordan he has. Hes well in with civic krew like aye, should be a couple big hp turbo`d ones rolling out a shed pretty soon!
Gt sounds good bud!

parko

Fresh Recruit
Just so you know, i emailed the place on ebay and those turbos are made in china, so take from that what you will!!
Aye i know Greg, tidy jordan he has. Hes well in with civic krew like aye, should be a couple big hp turbo`d ones rolling out a shed pretty soon!
Gt sounds good bud!

ah sweet cheers man, i emailed him to and he did say they were speedvisions, think i waill steer clear then lol

aye ano! everyone is goin down the civic road lol gregs getting his engine rebuilt at the moment things sittling in a shead at huntly lol
aye yup bobs turbod b16b EG civic if off the hook!! its mad! lol
i had my EK9 bout 5 month ago they all loved that thing like :) crashed it tho in the snow cummin back from gregs at 30mph tho was gutted like :( :( gt turbo now though so good replacement :)

cheers for ur help dude

Fro

Member +
ah sweet cheers man, i emailed him to and he did say they were speedvisions, think i waill steer clear then lol

aye ano! everyone is goin down the civic road lol gregs getting his engine rebuilt at the moment things sittling in a shead at huntly lol
aye yup bobs turbod b16b EG civic if off the hook!! its mad! lol
i had my EK9 bout 5 month ago they all loved that thing like :) crashed it tho in the snow cummin back from gregs at 30mph tho was gutted like :( :( gt turbo now though so good replacement :)

cheers for ur help dude

If they were the 2nd gen speedvision hybrids like durmz said they would probably be ok but there were alot of problems with their first ones. Probably not worth the risk though tbh? You heard back from enzo on uksc?

Aye im good mates with bobs brother, he is just finnishing off his b18 turbo crx ready for mapping :drive: