running costs?
tuning potential?
do they have common probs?

any info will be much appreciated

thanx

ragz

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
On a Starlet forum, you won't get an honest opinion as most will say 'tried that, didn't have boost' etc...

I think they're very good cars, can show a Starlet how to handle straight out of the factory, and are quick for a wee 1.6 n/a (especially when mated to the 6-speed gearbox as the ratios mate to the rev band perfectly). Running costs are good as there are lots of 4AGE's around to pilfer, MPG's good as you can use it like a Jeckle & Hyde car, tuning can be achieved, but is a bit expensive.

ragz

Member +
any ideas on what gearbox that might be

the reason im asking all this is cause iv found one dirt cheap and just wanted to know before hand

thanx for the input

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
good mpg, handle really well and are nippy enough ,i found them a cunt to tune if your looking for good gains it costs £££££ and a good levin with a lot of work done will do well to see close to 200 bhp ,

6 speed box was in the bzr but also a option on some bzg models and look out for superstrut suspension its hard on the road and expensive to fix ..

here is my old one , any more info you need just ask

578482_20080127050121_1.jpg

ragz

Member +
If its dirt cheap id snap it up, they go for a fortune!

not ina hurry the cars mine anyway hes holding it for me till my garage is clear

rear calipers are seized i believe and hes lost the keys so new lock set aswell

how much they worth?roughly

ragz

Member +
good mpg, handle really well and are nippy enough ,i found them a cunt to tune if your looking for good gains it costs £££££ and a good levin with a lot of work done will do well to see close to 200 bhp ,

6 speed box was in the bzr but also a option on some bzg models and look out for superstrut suspension its hard on the road and expensive to fix ..

here is my old one , any more info you need just ask

578482_20080127050121_1.jpg

thank you sir

could almost say i love u but its gonna sound wrong lol

in two minds in wether to keep it as a daily runner or get it to sell on

same as the one in pic but in silver been stood for couple years though so alot of cleaning to do

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
thank you sir

could almost say i love u but its gonna sound wrong lol

in two minds in wether to keep it as a daily runner or get it to sell on

same as the one in pic but in silver been stood for couple years though so alot of cleaning to do

i would honestly say i would buy one again i really liked it but just didnt have the power for me and the glanza was easier to tune so i sold it , silver is really nice in them to :):)

I can't see myself in a position where i'd own one, however I nonetheless absolutely adore them.

A lad on the Sera forum got one to replace his Sera and really raved about it...

P5ycho

Member +
good little cars, very unique as it was never a official uk car, so imports only ,and you rarely ever see one on the road,
and the engine is similar to the vtec 1.6 engine honda use.
tuning wise not a lot available in uk but stuff can be shipped from japan, costs are huge tho and gains minimal, but the beuty of this car is it has 4 indiviual throttle bodies as standard , so all you need is some funnel stacks and the sound it makes is awesome..

i had a 97 trueno with a stainless mani,de cat,full exhaust and an arc airbox
it went like stink and was the best handling car iv drivin
the superstrut gives trouble and not a lot else as long as there maintained
i was sorry i sold it
002-Copy4.jpg

Last edited:

ragz

Member +
@ p5ycho

what d hell is a funnel stack never heard of one

christ mate thats one clean example u had