Toyota's next pocket rocket...

saddler

Member +
So what is next for toyota... Anything new coming out with a turbo !! New shape starlet would be ace...

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
Toyota are so boring these days, bar the rumours of a new supra, all their cars suck! Most exciting model i guess is the corolla Tsport compressor thing...

rb69

Member +
Yeah it is all about economy and safety. If they built a car similar to the GT/Glanza again they would have to put a bigger engine in to compensate for all the weight of the safety equipment needed these days. And with the bigger engine, out the window goes the economy. Would love to see a new Starlet turbo model though.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Something crazy! Like this maybe....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/12/mid-engine-mr2-powered-aygo-crazy-is-a-real-japanese-shogun/

toyota-aygo-crazy.jpg

news_gallery.php

Last edited:

markeybhoy

Member +
I think I read it somewhere that Toyota are releasing the 2.0 litre turbo'd Aygo.

haha the crazy aygo. they aint releasing that. there was a post about it a while ago.

it was a aygo with a 1.8T MR2 engine. converted to RW drive. there is no way toyota would ever release something like that. it wouldnt be allowed lol

crash and your dead. simple as.

Trevor

Member +
Toyota

Toyota teamed up with Suburu and together they will be launching a new replacement for the AE86 Twin cam Corrolla.It's going to be rwd and possibly a boxer engine.The design hasn't been finalised yet.The new production plant is under construction in Japan.

Sean_GT

Member +
I read somewhere they were going to be using the celica gen7 shape for that or i may have dreamed it cant remember:)