turbo compressor wheel - does it matter?

hybrid_G4E

Member +
school me on this one lads!

this is between choosing 2 IHI's, RHF4 vf32 & VF17

let's say you can't make a decision over 2 turbines.
but they have different type of compressor wheel (i can't find any info on their A/r's anywhere, even on google?)

so since the turbo's size is very much similar does it matter on which one you chose since it has different type of blades? (6 big + 6 small blade type vs 10 big blades)

i found out that the VF32 is a secondary turbo from the legacy B4. anyone know what is the max boost i can push with this? planning to stick to 14psi daily. google says on the exhaust side it uses a 46.5/35.4mm 9-blade turbine wheel, teamed with a 52.5/36.6mm 10-blade compressor wheel. It's rated at 180,000 rpm. it uses a floating metal centre bearing - not ball bearings.

but the VF17 (dunno from what car this is from) has no wastegate at all, so what's up with that? :confused:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Hi Hybrid,

Do you have acess to any of the compressor maps, what is the full spec of you car? Maybe one type has an internal wasteage (swing arm) and the other is made for an external wastegate. Send me an email when you can and I'll see what info I can find for you.

We need to know your full spec before making any recomendations as well.

Cheers

T

dantheman

Member +
you need to check out the flow maps really, see how much air they shift. and the hot side will determin the lag so need to find that out too