Turbo help - no boost

gtphayer

Member +
Well finally drove my GT today got it up to temperature and went to give it a boot and i have no boost atall I have a hybrid external wastegated td05 all the intercooler hoses are on and tight, im not running a boost controller yet just the 0.8 spring and im getting nothing ? were does the hose from the turbo go on the turbosmart wastgate top or bottom thanks any help will be great. Also running standard fueling and ecu.

Texx

Super Moderator
Unless there's a massive boost leak, zero boost pressure would be a result of either a faulty wastegate or a fucked turbo.

gtphayer

Member +
the wastegate seems to open ok on a compressor and the turbo is new im stuck on what it could be wouldnt you hear a boost leak ?

gtphayer

Member +
but surely if it came off the wastegate arm round move ? i checked it before i fitted the turbo and it seemed like it was welded good

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
but surely if it came off the wastegate arm round move ? i checked it before i fitted the turbo and it seemed like it was welded good

i cant see anything mate so im just giving you points to look out for :) did you drop the downpipe to check the exhaust housing?

gtphayer

Member +
i know mate and im gratefull :) and no i havnt dropped it im just going to do a boost leak test and go from there fingers crossed its just a leak thanks for your help

gtphayer

Member +
to do a boost leak test can i just block the inlet off with a blank on the throttle body and then blow air with a tool doing the intercooler pipe ?

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
boost leak was cuse lads, just been texting him after popping round to his yesterday....
if you ever need a hand shout fella as my workshop is round corner..

Marky_La

havin the same problem

yesterday fitted my race-tech td04 kit n went for a drive to test it n all i got was a funny noise from the w/gate bt no go, im running it off the spring pressure from lower port on the gate to turbo.

could it be the penny washer coz mine is shut bt does spin round if u try bt w/gate arm has bin welded? :confused:

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Sounds like there is a leak at the exhaust side, be it at the external or internak waste gate, ensure BOTH are tightly shut

Marky_La

iv checked the w/gate n its not that leaking so it must b the internal w/gate coz everything is tight checked it all like 3 times, bt il take the down pipe off 2moz n hav look.

cheers