Turbo timer or Alarm?

C

CTR_Timmy

Hey guys I cant decide to ditch the turbo timer and go for Clifford concept alarm with built in timer or just leave well alone as i heard you cant have alarm and timer as they are wired off the same loom

Auto EP82

Lifer
no you will still be able to use the turbo timer but you will only be able to lock the car with the key and walk away.Otherwise you will have to sit in the car wilst the turbo timer does its thing then when it turns off then you can alarm you car.

C

CTR_Timmy

no you will still be able to use the turbo timer but you will only be able to lock the car with the key and walk away.Otherwise you will have to sit in the car wilst the turbo timer does its thing then when it turns off then you can alarm you car.

pete im confused! U know i have little brain :)

Auto EP82

Lifer
Basicaly you dumb f**k if you keep the turbo timer you wont be able to alarm the car until the turbo timer has switched off lol

C

CTR_Timmy

Basicaly you dumb f**k if you keep the turbo timer you wont be able to alarm the car until the turbo timer has switched off lol

aww thanks pete for telling me so simply lol.

What alarms do people have as i been quoted 350.00 fitted Clifford concept 650 mk2 which has built in timer

C

CTR_Timmy

WHy do you say that??

Pete that is not true some Turbo timers and Alarms work together mine do!!!

please can someone tell me what to buy lol my ickle brain cant take so much confusion especially this early

monka

Member +
WHy do you say that??

well why do you need one? just drive calmly the last few miles/minutes and it will be ok, personly, needing a turbo timer on your just shows ya drive like a cock, as you know you are coming to a stop soon, just slow down, dont boost, and then turn the car off,

not only does it warent not needing a timer, its saves fuel

Elaine

Lifer
Monka I think that’s a very brash statement to make that ppl with turbo timers drive like a cock….

I for one am not a huge fan how ever there are situations that I feel would require them again personal choice, personal insults are not needed!!

Elaine

Lifer
please can someone tell me what to buy lol my ickle brain cant take so much confusion especially this early

Tim you just nee to chose an something that you want if you want a built in turbo timer get one if not dont...

John from DNA cars in southampton is a good chap to talk to as he has sorted out alot of alarms for the dorset lot!!

C

CTR_Timmy

Monka I think that’s a very brash statement to make that ppl with turbo timers drive like a cock….

I for one am not a huge fan how ever there are situations that I feel would require them again personal choice, personal insults are not needed!!

Another witch hunt! I dont drive like a cock and if u do your research turbo timers are used throughout the motor industry to prolong the turbos life. All i wanted was simple advice on alarms!

rb69

Member +
I would go for the alarm mate, if you have a look around you should find one that has a built in timer. Best of both worlds then!

monka

Member +

i dont see how that was a personal insult? this is a forum, peope say there opinions, thats my opinion.

did i go up to some one in particular and say it? no.

just my personal opinion that if you NEED a timer to stop you from fucking your car/tubro, there is already something wrong.

yeah elaine there are times when its needed, but i have never needed to in a year, thats making a few trips to a&e as well.

Monkfish

Member +
i dont see how that was a personal insult? this is a forum, peope say there opinions, thats my opinion.

did i go up to some one in particular and say it? no.

just my personal opinion that if you NEED a timer to stop you from fucking your car/tubro, there is already something wrong.

yeah elaine there are times when its needed, but i have never needed to in a year, thats making a few trips to a&e as well.

Not true.

When I first had my car, it was fitted with an automatic turbo timer that ran the car for the required amount of time after it was switched off. After goosing it, even after driving sensibly for several miles, it still ran the car on the 30 seconds.

As for alarms and timers, buy a Clifford Viper 480EX, it comes with a turbo timer function and you can lock and alarm the car with the timer running. It isn't variable time, but it can be programmed to run for whatever time you want. Mine is set to 90 seconds.