unit

EP824U

Member +
I have a little project/business idea that I am starting with friends. We are renting an industrial unit 15ft by 32ft to do up my car (either gt4 or s13) and 2 205's.
We have no hours of restriction and permission to do what we like i.e spraying, welding etc.
We are planning to start offering services such as valeting, detailing, fitting aftermarket oem and upgraded parts such as exhausts, brakes, manis, turbos, ebc's u get where im going.
25 quid each a week for rent. If we make 75 quid a week we are breaking even and not loosing money.
I work a 9 to 5 but plan to do this whenever im not at work or with girlfriend.
Im very excited and finally have somewhere to build a decent project!
If it took off I'd need to register it as a business I guess but or now its somewhere to do my project!
what u think?

dj_russell

Fresh Recruit
sounds ace tbh is that with your electric aswell?? im going to have a look into something similar with my pals if there up for it.

EP824U

Member +
its wiv leccy and broadband. I am only going to start off doing detailing and valeting as you have obviously got the issue of liability when u play with peoples cars and this is what I need to look into. but I believe detailing alone would cover the rent

dj_russell

Fresh Recruit
that really is ace my cousin had a valeting unit with his mate it was an awesome spot like right on the road side but it was costing over £300 a week in rent, they knocked it on the head because they wasnt making enough and it was litterally just valeting.

from the sounds of it yours is going to be far cheaper anyway, its more of a love thing than to make money plus you will make cash on the side once other mates start coming to you asking for work to be carried out etc... and your valeting once people start coming will cover your rent so at worst you unit could end up costing 20-30 quid on a bad week split between how many, you couldnt rent a small garage out with absolutly no room to work on any cars for that, plus you will have other mates who prefer to work on their cars there selves asking if they can use your tools and you charge them a tenner or what have you for using your unit and tools. good luck with it and i hope it gos well

EP824U

Member +
that really is ace my cousin had a valeting unit with his mate it was an awesome spot like right on the road side but it was costing over £300 a week in rent, they knocked it on the head because they wasnt making enough and it was litterally just valeting.

from the sounds of it yours is going to be far cheaper anyway, its more of a love thing than to make money plus you will make cash on the side once other mates start coming to you asking for work to be carried out etc... and your valeting once people start coming will cover your rent so at worst you unit could end up costing 20-30 quid on a bad week split between how many, you couldnt rent a small garage out with absolutly no room to work on any cars for that, plus you will have other mates who prefer to work on their cars there selves asking if they can use your tools and you charge them a tenner or what have you for using your unit and tools. good luck with it and i hope it gos well

excactly, I came up with it as ive been looking to rent a decent space for me n my mate to do work for months. All of them were either too small, in a dodgy area, or restrictive on what was allowed. Often a combo of all of those factors!
This way, I can have a safe look up, and pay for rent via detailing and valeting at cheap prices. like u said, as long as I pay my rent from it thats all I care about! I will loose money on products and shit throughout winter and when setting up but will make cash in the summer I reckon

turbostar

Member +
So to do this and like you say if it takes off you would have to register your business but do you not need to be qulified to carry out such work on members of the public's cars??

EP824U

Member +
So to do this and like you say if it takes off you would have to register your business but do you not need to be qulified to carry out such work on members of the public's cars??

thats where the problem is. I wudnt even look into doing the mechanical side of things due to having to pay liability insurance etc. I would only register as a valeting and detailing business and just use the tools etc for my cars and mates.
Valeting and detailing would be to vcover rent and for a little earner hopefully!
Gonna make a little booth to refurb wheels aswell then sell them on

Last edited: