Upping the power :) little bit of advice needed :)

nicky_glanza

Member +
well fellas on the 3rd glanza after the first two well long story short
were dissasters :( always had big plans for my glanzas and something always happened :(

anyways finally got a 99 with 40,000 miles and already started to mod :)

to start off ive got:

hks fcd
fujitsubo catback exhaust system
j performance front mount intercooler
Ported mani
getting a boost controller tomorow :)
filter relocation also tomorow :)

Now im only looking power figures of 180 bhp ish or more if possible.. what other mods would i need to achieve this figure?
also my car is only boost shy off 0.5 bar.. is this normal after a front mount has been installed??

any help would be much appreciated

nicky

bumblebee

Member +
well fellas on the 3rd glanza after the first two well long story short
were dissasters :( always had big plans for my glanzas and something always happened :(

anyways finally got a 99 with 40,000 miles and already started to mod :)

to start off ive got:

hks fcd
fujitsubo catback exhaust system
j performance front mount intercooler
Ported mani
getting a boost controller tomorow :)
filter relocation also tomorow :)

Now im only looking power figures of 180 bhp ish or more if possible.. what other mods would i need to achieve this figure?
also my car is only boost shy off 0.5 bar.. is this normal after a front mount has been installed??

any help would be much appreciated

nicky

Get a decat in there :)

nicky_glanza

Member +
yeah already got one :) always forget to mention something :(
tell me this though? is it essential that im to have a fpr?

nicky

ASHep82

Member +
is it essential to also have a hks actuator or will a boost controller do the same job??

nicky

The actuator can be used to increase boost and it's also recomended to get a adjustable actuator as this will hold boost very well the standard tend to be a bit week.

Member +
imo dont waste you time with the fpr fcd setup - its crude and fuel economy wont be great as parts of your car will be rich to make sure it doesnt run lean. get some form of management, that way you can have decent economy and power when you want it, and if you decide to upgrade all you need is a remap.
hope that helps

nicky_glanza

Member +
imo dont waste you time with the fpr fcd setup - its crude and fuel economy wont be great as parts of your car will be rich to make sure it doesnt run lean. get some form of management, that way you can have decent economy and power when you want it, and if you decide to upgrade all you need is a remap.
hope that helps

i have been wanting to enquire about this! i just have to many questions at the same time lol! been looking into management systems :)

bumblebee

Member +
i have been wanting to enquire about this! i just have to many questions at the same time lol! been looking into management systems :)

Well, there are a lot of options out there...depends on your budget...most people use the fpr and fcd set up so they can have the car on the road while they source proper management...

Chris@CCM is doing standalone kits for about 500 pounds (don't qoute me on price)

If that's a bit too steep you can get a second hand Emanage blue or ultimate from the classifieds :)

nicky_glanza

Member +
been advised alot about chris@ccm instead of the usual ecc etc i take it you fellas would recommend him then? going later to get a fpr so will be able to then go to someone like chris and get a setup :)

bumblebee

Member +
been advised alot about chris@ccm instead of the usual ecc etc i take it you fellas would recommend him then? going later to get a fpr so will be able to then go to someone like chris and get a setup :)

I guess its down to personnal preference but although I don't have the luxury of his services (am located in the Caribbean)...he is highly recommended by most members on here...in the end its up to you who you decide to take your car to to have it tuned, there are other traders on here who offer these services aswell...

turboloon

Member +

dude chris is bloody good at what he does i came all the way down from near inverness to troon to let chris map my car ,he did a bloody brilliant job as well,i would use chris all the time mate ,your so lucky as he is in your area(ish),belive me you won't regret it ,he'll fitt/set up what ever set up you want,and his prices are VERY good...good luck with what ever way you decide to go but i'd deffo go and speak to chris as he has been there and done it..