Urgent Water pump question.

Nwimie

Member +
Hi All im about to order a water pump for my glanza v as im having the cambelt changed.

Ive ordered a pump from a partco style place £27

Ive then been told by someone that im better off buying from toyota as that its a slightly different part and comes as a complete unit needing less time and effort to install compared to aftermarket.

Rang toyota £85.15

Can people please confirm if they have found any differences in buying aftermarket water pumps and if so what difference. and what have most people fitted when replacing.

Thanks

the non oem one I got was a fine fitment. Although there are 2 different non oem water pumps, one with a removable pulley and one non removable one. No difference in either of them really, as I swapped my removable one to a non removable one.

350ep70gr

Member +
the non oem one I got was a fine fitment. Although there are 2 different non oem water pumps, one with a removable pulley and one non removable one. No difference in either of them really, as I swapped my removable one to a non removable one.
x2 what he said! Two types ! Fixed pulley /removable pulley. I use a not oem with no issues!

Chris

dac69er

Super Moderator
i used a cheap replacement from camskill. fitment was spot on and it works perfectly. wouldnt worry about getting a toyota one