VERY hard to get car in gear, new CAP clutch w/Fidanza Flywheel.

I installed my CAP Clutch and Fidanza flywheel this weekend and now the car is near impossible to get in gear once the car is on. Can get in 3rd, 4th, and 5th fine. BUT, having difficulties getting it in 1st, 2nd, and reverse. when the car is off it is fine, but when on is where the issues begin. I have to start the car in gear most of the time to get it in first gear.

But once it is moving if shifts up fine, but once i downshift into 1st and 2nd it get very hard to get it to down shift into those gears..

HELP
:confused:

smythy75

Member +
Does it need bleed?

I know a guy put a cap clutch in and it done this and at the end he just had to bin it and put in a exedy!

someone told me my flywheel might be thinner than the oem flywheel and need to modify my slave cylinder.... is this true with lightweight flywheels?

Last edited:

tucka

Member +
UPDATE: just drove the car down the road, and when I start it in gear it moves forward, even with the clutch pushed in. :mad:

so when ur clutch is pushed in the car still feels like its in gear? could be your spigot bearing maybe?

edited (didnt mean spigot bearing ment release bearing )

Last edited:
changed the pin (as big as possible), but still not working.

i was driving and now when i pass 3k rpm it jumps straight to redline(happen when the car is warm especially), then i have to back off because the car is just rev-ing and not accelerating.

bled the slave again too.

any more suggestions?

it seems like the clutch does not wanna dis-engage

Last edited:
took back out the clutch and flywheel and compared the flywheel with the oem one. same thickness. But issue still continues

is it wise to try the new clutch with my old ACT pressure plate and see what happens? will it fit or damage anything?

Problem solved!

took out the transmission for a THIRD time in 3 days and switch back to the old ACT Pressure plate. And now the car is perfect.

I also took the pressure plate to local tuners and they told me the CAP pressure plate is just a painted oem pressure plate :(, they told me my old ACT is waaaaaaaaay better

Anybody else had this issue with their CAP clutch?