Vibration at 3,000rpm inside the dash

Sii

Member +
People,

Ovet the last year I've noticed a vibration inside the dash, not 100% sure as to whether it's coming from the edge of the drivers doors where it contacts the drivers side of the dash or inside the dash. So far I have ...

Removed the drivers door inner lining and door card, still a vibration.

Removed the lover part of the dash and removed the air ducting plastic to allow a clear view of what is undernearth.

Tightened all visible bolts, screws, ensuring all cables are not contacting anything.

Yet I'm still experiencing the vibration. I took the car to the local industrial estate yesterday morning, driving at around 8mph gives 3,000rpm or thereabouts, I was on a dead end street, normally used for lory parking so no other traffic. Driving at 8mph with the drivers window down or up still allows the vibration, driving with the door open slightly reduces the noise, but it's still there.

It sounds to be coming from the right hand side of the drivers vent, right behind the dash.

My question to you guys is ....

Has anyone ever had this or does anyone know of a well known part of the dash that will cause this issue?

I look forward to any replies.

I was on the verge of taking a sledge hammer to the dash. I need to use the car for a week driving from Newcastle to Reading and I sit the entire way at 70mph, so that's just over 5 hours of driving, however that speed in my car is just right to create the vibration/buzz.

I think I'd go mental if I tried to cope with that all the way down.

Cheers,
Sii

white_ep

Member +
Hello sii ive got exactly the same thing happening to me and i had to drive to santa pod with it like that it woz pissin me off i nearly drove my car to suicide its worse than chinese torture let me know what it was