voltage stablizers

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
they basically smooth the power output of the car and keeps a constant voltage.

At this point i could bullshit you as i have one i'm selling at the moment but i won't they are basically on a starlet anyway a waste of money but they do have a fancy blue light that stays lit all of the time. ha ha

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
think it was yours i was looking at lol jus wondered what they do thought mite need one as my battery starts with 14.7 volts then after it idled for a while it drops to bout 14.1 14.2

Franza1

basically keeps it at a constant 14.5 no matter what load the engine is under or how much you mess with any electric component in it.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
hmmm mite be an idea for me to invest in one then im adding alot of guages and wideband afr so think that mite be the cause of my drops how much are u selling yours for?

Franza1

it is and no, had the car parked up for 2 weeks with it connected and didn't drain it noticeably

Franza1

it's the buddy club one and comes with a few alright and a few extra thrown in for good measure ha ha, i earthed the crap out of my car TBH

Rev

Member +
I have one from memory they can benefit about .3 of a volt I find voltage is higher but can still drop in my case. Mine was very cheap so no regrets but you will get more gain by addressing the underlying voltage problem. I keep mine as I think it helps with short jouneys by reducing the battery load at start up but I may be wrong , some sparkies may know better.

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
Well im gettin the one off franza now i think i mite need to replace the wire from alternator to battery see if that addresses charge problem but also if these things work i hav alot of guages to fit and big subs running which is a big drain on battery