Water lines!? Help....

Ben89

Lifer
Basically I fitted a brand new hybrid over the weekend and after a test drive all seemed well, until o arrives at work yesturday and popped the bonnet to check everything was ok and noticed a hissing noise and the smell of burning coolant, great, I had look around and noticed that the gasket on top of the turbo where the water lines attach has blown out! So my question is am I ok to link the lines from the thermo housing back round therefore blocking the coolant supply for the turbo until I can source a new gasket and replace it? K won't be running much boost if any as in wearing in a paddle clutch aswell!
Cheers Ben rep will be awarded for helpful reply :)

durmz

Member +
it will 'work' like that, and im pretty sure it would be ok for small drives and stuff, make sure you let the car warm up more before u boost, as im pretty sure the water lines in the turbo are to aid warm up just as much as keeping it cool.

someone tell me if im chatting shit lol

glanzanut

Lifer
I use water lines on mine, however a large amount of people never run them at all and swear it does no damage.
So it should be fine tbh

Ben89

Lifer
Cheers for the reply gents, yea it's just reasured me a bit more il give it alot longer to warm up and cool down!

Rory

Lifer
The turbo will be fine without the water lines, but be carefull on the warranty ;)

As for heating up and cooling down, drive it as normal.
Just remember to have a couple of miles normal driving before switching off.