Water Problem

GTWorld

Member +
Hi PPl,

Its not for a starlet, my sister got a KA and i replaced the water cooling adapter and thermostat, when she left for work this morning she toped it up full and when she arrived at work it was full but after leaving the car off for 4 hrs it droped down to minimum any ideas why?

I thought a air lock but dont you get rid of that by opening the water bottle when running the car on idle?

All help appreicated

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Hi PPl,

Its not for a starlet, my sister got a KA and i replaced the water cooling adapter and thermostat, when she left for work this morning she toped it up full and when she arrived at work it was full but after leaving the car off for 4 hrs it droped down to minimum any ideas why?

I thought a air lock but dont you get rid of that by opening the water bottle when running the car on idle?

All help appreicated

was there a problem before you changed the thermostat

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah the thermostat was sticking also it had a leak in the old unit as shity ford ones are plastic and with the heat they tend to warp!!

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
did you drop the water out of the rad? And yes to get rid of the air lock, take rad cap of...turn car, leave it running for a while... keep topping up with water

GTWorld

Member +
Have you worked on a KA? the only way you can get the water out is off the pipes that come of the rad!! lol

GTWorld

Member +
Yeah droped the water out! where is this going? i just wana know why its losing water only when not on?

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
just fill it up, get rid of the air locks and just keep it topped up - if theyre no leaks then it cant be going anywhere except into the engine..

Texx

Super Moderator
It sounds like the cooling system has naturally bled itself. I would just top the expansion tank back up to the maximum and keep an eye on it. Sounds normal to me.