Member +
Yeah it's got a Sard s/s manifold and a Blitz K24 with external
wastegate and screamer pipe it's currently running at 1.2 bar
and it's making 203bhp and 211ft/lbs torque atfw it was only finished
the wednesday before this event so it wasnt running at it's
full potential on the day

1_3LStarseo

Member +
Seemed like it's holding back some power, hope there's video of it's peak performance. I love watching Starlets run on tracks.

It's also good to know I'll see some potential out of my new k24 kit. :D

Derek

Lifer
Cool looks good, just didnt look fast imo, but as you said wasn't running to it's full potential so room for improvement.:rockon:

GTti

Member +
Are those figures at the wheel or at the flywheel?

Regardless of those it looks like a good setup, plenty of torque and low end grunt to get you out of the corners quickly.

Get some in car videos coming this way!

kellygt

Member +
Cool :)

Deffo room for improvement though figures should be higher for the boost.

The cars only just after been run in those figures will rise after a bit more milage is put on the engine, and these are true hp figures from a dyno dynamics dyno and as I said it was the first time the car was on a track,
A K24 turbo is at it's optimum boost at 1.4 bar and it's maximum at 1.6 bar so
I dont think 1.2 is a lot of boost for this application..

Kelly

Member +
The cars only just after been run in those figures will rise after a bit more milage is put on the engine, and these are true hp figures from a dyno dynamics dyno and as I said it was the first time the car was on a track,
A K24 turbo is at it's optimum boost at 1.4 bar and it's maximum at 1.6 bar so
I dont think 1.2 is a lot of boost for this application..

tbh i think around 1.2boost is the ideal for the blitz k24 turbo. Having run various amounts from 1bar right through to 1.6bar on a blitz k24 always found it performed better at lower boost. The higher the boost the performance sufferred slightly and the intake temps rose alot.

Our figures were also on a dyno dynamics roller too i dont use any other rollers :)

Last edited:

kellygt

Member +
tbh i think around 1.2boost is the ideal for the blitz k24 turbo. Having run various amounts from 1bar right through to 1.6bar on a blitz k24 always found it performed better at lower boost. The higher the boost the performance sufferred slightly and the intake temps rose alot.

Our figures were also on a dyno dynamics roller too i dont use any other rollers :)

I just found out the car was only running 1 bar when it made 203bhp
and that it was running 1 bar on track.....:)

Kelly

Member +
I just found out the car was only running 1 bar when it made 203bhp
and that it was running 1 bar on track.....:)

Sounds more like it :p

the one we ran made 210bhp at 0.90bar i did wonder why the figure was so low for 1.2bar :p

kellygt

Member +
Sounds more like it :p

the one we ran made 210bhp at 0.90bar i did wonder why the figure was so low for 1.2bar :p[/QUOTE

The power was held back on it's first outing on track, I was told the lad
that was driving it hasnt much experience on track either so he should
be coming good towards the end of the season....:)