What coilovers?

keeno

Member +
I'm looking to get myself a set of coilovers in the new year. The car is used everyday on irish roads so they'd have to take a fair bit of hacking.
Just looking for advice on what would be a good set to go for

Derek

Lifer
tein super streets are meant to be great for everyday driving, not to harsh.if you do a search you'll get some great info.

Last edited:

aaronw

Member +
cusco zero 1's is what i have,and there feckin awesome!!
had tien on a glanza few years back and were really good.
and had d2's on a gt few months back and imho ...suck!

mickscanlon

Member +
cusco zero 1's is what i have,and there feckin awesome!!
had tien on a glanza few years back and were really good.
and had d2's on a gt few months back and imho ...suck!

do the d2s suck was thinkn ov getn dem.. my mate has cusco's on his an dare sweet... i have tein ones hight adjustable only not shore the exact make and im not pushed on dem.. would like new ones

Mike_ep91

Member +
I'm looking to get myself a set of coilovers in the new year. The car is used everyday on irish roads so they'd have to take a fair bit of hacking.
Just looking for advice on what would be a good set to go for

to be honest mate if the car is for everyday driving then stay away from coilovers as there a pain in the head there far too rough for the roads over here.go for a good set of dampers and springs.

keeno

Member +
yeah the main reason I'm looking for coilovers is cuz I've lowering springs on my yoke and she'd rattle the teeth out of your head and my mates after getting a type r civic with cusco coilovers and she sits lovely and is well smoother than mine on the road.

Seanmcn

Member +
Any sort of some-way hard suspension in a car on Irish roads it a total nightmare!!

My Teins aren't too bad on bumpy roads. :) But it still hops all over the place :p

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Civics are much smoother on the road lad,its the starlet itself thats bumpy because its light

smythy75

Member +
bc racing are good, dave burwash sells them on here mate! some job! i have a set in the 200sx very impressed

azerty

Supermoderator
There are 8 differents D2 models that comes in many different spring rates.
The one that every one get are the cheapest one without choosing proper spring rates. that is why many are dissapointed...
for bumpy roads you should get rally gravel specs with soft springs. they are heavy duty and comfy

Last edited:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
BC Racing coilovers are great for abit of a softer ride and very affordable, we sell these at fantastic price's, Also we're launching another range soon which we're currently testing and there very promising!

~Nick @ Tuning Developments

starbogt

Member +
coilovers are only as good as the person who sets them up. This topic has been covered loads of times. My wife has tein superstreets on her GT and very comfy handles well seems boat like compared to my D2's which I have set very hard but they can be setup very good to be comfy too unlike the wife's tein which don't have preload adjustment! just height and damper ! its down to personal preference If you go low and hard expect harsh ride if you go at reasonable height less preload and a good damper setting you'll find D2's fine for any roads.