what psi for 200 bhp

shane01

Member +
anyone know what i would need for 200 bhp or just under, dont want to do to much on standard turbo, atm i got decat manifold and full blitz exsust system and think i gotta get acuator and fcd then i can turn up boost, maybe front mount?, engines never been past stock boost, and hardly any miles on it 70000 ish, any advice on what i would need to do and what bar. would reach 190 or 200 bhp.

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
as a minimum a regulator. you will be very lucky to see 200 or even 190 on a stock turbo.

you can run 1 bar on a stock engine and turbo and get about 170ish. you can get more than that with better management like emanage or similar.

shane01

Member +
or would i be best off saving for a new turbo first? any whats sort of turbo would i be lookin for that can handle 200 bhp without changeing to much on the engine, its not the turbo im worried about its the engine! lol.

ktl

Member +
or would i be best off saving for a new turbo first? any whats sort of turbo would i be lookin for that can handle 200 bhp without changeing to much on the engine, its not the turbo im worried about its the engine! lol.

a hybrid ct9 would suit you mate. youll get over 200hp at max boost normally 1.2-1.3 on a hybrid. an ecu or management would help you aswell!

head over to ukstarletclub.com and speak to enzo. he sells the gt tongs turbo (hybrid) for £460ish

ktl

Member +
tbh it depends how much/how much hp he wants.

he just wants to near 200hp. i said a hybrid because you can be just below 200 without management or see over 200 with management. low spooling times and at for around £450 brand new tubby i highly recommend it.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
Id suggest a hybrid ct9 aswell mate. This with some good management @ 1-1.1 bar will see u easilly get around the 200 mark. A tdo4 seems a bit pointless if ur only looking for 200bhp max.

bucketep91

Member +
if only things were as easy as just upping your boost to get 200 bhp lol im running a tongs gt spec b hybrid i got off enzo over on uksc mines running 180bhp but with managment im sure id see over 200 with it