What type of HKS EVC is this??

Does anyone know what type of HKS EVC this is?? Also does anyone know what the red dial is supposed to be for?? It is just glued onto the surface but inside it there is a button so I thought it was put there to avoid this button being pressed accidental??lol.

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0061.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

Also does anyone know how much I should sell this for if I can, it hasnt been tested yet but I bought it with my car from Japan as working and I have the full harness and boost solenoid to fit it.
Also how much should I be looking for this Greddy Turbo Timer, again it isnt tested yet as I didnt get round to buying the harness but it was bought with my car as working.

DSCF0054.jpg

Thanks Christy

Aidan-G

Member +
havent a clue really!haha

but i'd take a guess at the evc,id say it would be like the hdi boost controlers,but thats just a guess

the turbo timer looks like new!

Phil

Super Moderator
yup just a hks evc/ period lol, im 99% sure, im sure the second one has more to it and i have the evc 3 and its a fair bit more involved!

these early hks evc EBC's always got a good name for being reliable and having a sturdy solenoid(which i think many other ebc of the same age suffered from poorly solenoids)

Phil

Johnny_C

Lifer
christy thats the first ebc evc made,have you the solioid for that?from what i mind,that unit is done lad.

christy thats the first ebc evc made,have you the solioid for that?from what i mind,that unit is done lad.

You didnt wire it up Johnny did you?? Cause mind you just said that the red dial wouldnt turn, but I think that is just stuck there becuase seen the exact same EVC on the internet without the red dial just another push button and I looked inside the red dial and the button is there and works. So I think someone has stuck that on to stop accidentally pushing the button or something.
Do you know what the left button the this EVC is meant to do?? Because the right one turns so I take it that controls the boost setting and the left one is the on off switch???
Christy

Johnny_C

Lifer
You didnt wire it up Johnny did you?? Cause mind you just said that the red dial wouldnt turn, but I think that is just stuck there becuase seen the exact same EVC on the internet without the red dial just another push button and I looked inside the red dial and the button is there and works. So I think someone has stuck that on to stop accidentally pushing the button or something.
Do you know what the left button the this EVC is meant to do?? Because the right one turns so I take it that controls the boost setting and the left one is the on off switch???
Christy
id need to look at it,i just found it strange why it was glued on,if u wana leave it up to me i mite try it on my car for you to see what the story is.

Wouldnt have time to get down this weekend as working. Does anyone know an easy way to wire it into the car to see if it turns on I dont need to connect the boost solenoid or anything just want to make sure its working or does anyone know what the right button is for, it just pushes in and out like a on/off switch??:confused:

What price should I list the Greddy T/T (without harness) and the HKS EVC EZ with boost solenoid etc??
JUst have no idea of price for these...
Christy