ok looking for some advice for road tyre and tyres for 1/4 miles

have uniroyal rs2 on at minute but even with diff there spinning pritty easy

cheers

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I like the round ones!

Yes yes I'm bored today!

R1Rs like ted has said or Uniroyal Rainsport2

Ted your car on R888s sounded like the earth was imploding in on itself!

kemnaychris

Member +
I am using paradas spec 2 but being honest there useless in the wet and there ok in dry but at the bhp am running they just spun lol going michelin pilot pe1 whicj are hard to find :( and are same as pilot sports and for track using yoko a048

skevosEP91

Member +
why don't you try Federal 595 RS-R.... I have on my glanza i run 1.6 bar on VF24 setup i launch about 5100 rpms to go off the line and think that i dont have a LSD gearbox...with a good launch you get a lot of traction to smoke a lot of Hondas at the track... :) In the past I have tried Toyo's R888 at 1 bar of boost and have the same traction with the Federals at 1.6 bar...

steve-gers

Member +
I have heard them federals are good a few times. I have tried T1R's and also Nankang NS2 and tbh there is surprisingly very little difference in performance but the nankangs last about 4x longer.

Martin Broon

Member +
yokohama, advan neova ad08, these were good for low 12s at crail, considering crail surface is shite and rips ur tires to bits, but i would reccomend
these :)

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
best all round tire for money i found was hankook rs2's for wet dry wear etc get anybit of heat into them and there brill for launching i keep r888's on seperate wheels for drag days
nankangs are dirt nearly killed me once !! i rate them 0/10

Rory

Lifer
What pressure did you run the Uniroyals at? I found them one of the better tyres years ago when i was down crail.

Murray

Member +
yokohama, advan neova ad08, these were good for low 12s at crail, considering crail surface is shite and rips ur tires to bits, but i would reccomend
these :)

On what car?To run low 12s at crail you either need Mickey Ts or some amount of power (500+) Preferably both.....
Me personally i run toyo 888 on the Honda, and with no diff managed to run a 2.2 60ft
Also crail doesnt rip the sh*t out of your tyres, you need grip for that:haha:
Pretty sure Rore run rainsports when he done his 13.3 years back

Murray

AdamB

Member +
What pressure did you run the Uniroyals at? I found them one of the better tyres years ago when i was down crail.

I don't think the Uniroyals are very good at 30psi +, I found them too sloppy at the rear. What have you run them at Rory?

Rory

Lifer
Never run any tyre over 30 on my GT. I found them pretty damn good tyres better than the T1R.
Ive always played with pressures to suit what ever ive run, no 2 tyres have been the same :haha:

I don't think the Uniroyals are very good at 30psi +, I found them too sloppy at the rear. What have you run them at Rory?

td04 project:)

Member +
Could you guys see any problems with me running r888 on the front and t1r's on the rear at donington in a few weeks except it raining lol

AdamB

Member +
Never run any tyre over 30 on my GT. I found them pretty damn good tyres better than the T1R.
Ive always played with pressures to suit what ever ive run, no 2 tyres have been the same :haha:

I ran mine at 30psi rear and 32psi front. Will lower the rear to 27 and see how it goes from there :)