What Will It Take ???

Wisey

Fresh Recruit
im looking into buying a GlanzaV or a GT Turbo, but i dont know anything about turbo engines and how easy/hard and how much ££££'s it is to get power out of them?

So hears the question :p
what will i need to do to get and roughly how much will it cost to get some where between 160-180HP

cheers for your help :)

Wisey

Fresh Recruit
sorry mate will do but half the time i have used it, it says that it cant do a search:( but will have a go . Got any ideas what it would be under because i have tried a few and the info i want isnt there

cheers

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i no i must admit thats the only downside to the site the search button is bollocks.

well if you want about 180hp..

exhaust manifold, decat, cat back exhaust.

induction kit, front mount intercooler.

fuel pressure regulator, fuel cut defender, actuator to turn up boost to 1 bar.

uprated pads / discs.

coilovers if available for budget.

you will need to get it tuned on the rolling road to get your air / fuel ratio correct and that should be enough to reach that goal

Wisey

Fresh Recruit
cheers mate . So im looking at £1000+ not including brakes and suspension because will try and buy some parts on the car or second hand

h3ppy

Member +
there are some very nice gt's for sale just now that are already running that sort of spec, why not save a few £s and buy one that is already done? just be careful and make sure it has been done correct!

Wisey

Fresh Recruit
Cheers for your help mate :)

there are some very nice gt's for sale just now that are already running that sort of spec, why not save a few £s and buy one that is already done? just be careful and make sure it has been done correct!

Thats what i would be worried about because i dont no that much about turbo engines, so wouldnt know if its done 100% right :( but that one of the risks you take when buying a "modified" car i suppose