Wheel refurb?

easty-5

Member +
I have a set of 17" Superturismo's to put on the 2 but they are in need of a refurb. They are pretty scratched and have a few kerb marks.

I am just going to do it myself with sandpaper and rattle cans. As quick a job as possible lol as I am not spending days sanding them down so they are smoother than a baby's ar$e lol.

What grade sandpaper is best to use and how many cans of; paint, primer and laquer will I need for all four wheels?

Cheers,
Jamie

EP82GT_2010

Fresh Recruit
I did mine a couple of weeks ago i did nt use any sandpaper because it didnt need it, (try b&q for that) but what i used is 2 x 400ml of spray paint 1x600ml of primer and 1x500ml of laquer. so if you just doing 2 wheels you could get away with using 400ml of each can. If the scratches are not bad than just build them up with a couple coats of primer. Just make sure the temperature when spraying is consistant, i painted mine in my garage and it was really cold so i had to heat the alloys and the spray can so that it didnt freeze onto the alloy when sprayed. if you know what i mean hope this helps.