Where do importers find their cars?

Gee

Member +
I would not import a car myself, I would go to someone reputable, probably someone like Mark off here. But first of all, I would like to have a look around and see what is out there.

I am (still!) considering moving to the dark side, something like an EK9 but not just any EK9. I would want to get something that has already had an engine transplant and some modifications to save on the hassle and money. Something like a B16C or K20 :D

Not 100% on this yet, so don't want to bug or waste ant traders time, so can anyone recommend any import websites I can browse for now?

Gee

Member +
I know they will have agents to scope things out too.

Sham told be there was some crazy stroked EK9 Civic he had photo's of, but he never sent them me..

cole

Member +
best way would be to get an agent in japan
tell them what you want

when they find it theyl email u pics of it then charge u a fee for there work then send it over

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I would not import a car myself, I would go to someone reputable, probably someone like Mark off here. But first of all, I would like to have a look around and see what is out there.

I am (still!) considering moving to the dark side, something like an EK9 but not just any EK9. I would want to get something that has already had an engine transplant and some modifications to save on the hassle and money. Something like a B16C or K20 :D

Not 100% on this yet, so don't want to bug or waste ant traders time, so can anyone recommend any import websites I can browse for now?
B16c???whats that from?

Alot of people are doing K20 civics lately, a mate of mine is using a H22 from a 92 prelude,but he's changing that for a 01 H22 out of an accord

Fishy89GT

Banned
the guy i know gets some off his stuff from here :

powervehicles.com

as you can see their stcok is outstanding :)

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
as said before now is the wrong time as the Yen is stronger than the pound.
I imported an EK9 and a Glanza on mashamoto earlier this year.
Cars were good but service, regarding missing paperwork and standard of work by them was not good.
A highly modded car can be graded 0 which is also used when a car has been repaired.
Having said that there are some monster cars available:)

Gee

Member +
Yeah, not good at the moment.

Would be better if there was a car for sale already in the UK I guess with the appropriate mods.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
I don't buy from re-sellers, I buy directly from auction. That way, I have the auction house inspection to go from, not some other persons 'interpretation'. Also, I get my agent to check out the cars, and if he doesn't like, then he won't buy. And finally, re-sellers add on margin, so you get 2 lots of fees, whereas in buying directly from auction, you only have my beer money to contend with! ;)

I often have a nose through re-sellers to see what they're offering, and there are plenty out there. I wouldn't be able to recommend any though, as I don't use them.

Gee

Member +
Thanks for the information guys.

Hopefully going to arrange a ride in a B18C EK9 so we'll see how I like it. If it meets expectations, maybe I can start looking.

Bit sucky about the Yen vs pound thou :(