Where to get uprated injectors/fuel pump

Quick Nick

Member +
Hi Guys,

Currently 9PSI on hybrid need 4 BAR fuel pressure on standard injectors and pump so need to sort this quickly.

I think 330's will prob not be big enough to run 18PSI boost so think the next one up which would maybe be 380's or 410's or something. And a 255 Walbro to push it through.

Any suggestions on where to source this kit?

TA!

Quick Nick

Member +
Had it on the rolling road and thats how high he needed to set the pressure to prevent it running lean....

Ill prob be using an AEM piggyback as that is what he recommended, but may use a complete standalone in time.

For now though I need to find the right injectors, the fuel pump is fairly easy to find. I have an RRFPR and MBC to set it up for the time being until it goes in for its ECU/MApping session.

Quick Nick

Member +
This maybe the most retarded question I have ever asked but what are the in's and out's of injector fitment sizes? are the one size fits all or are there certain applications to fit EP82?

JonoPhilpott

Member +
If i got the gist of what you saying there not all the same size and also at a guess i think there fed differently i.e the ones i posted up are top feed :/

J25GTi

Lifer
There is a thread in the helpful info section with what ones fit and what ones don't

If i got the gist of what you saying there not all the same size and also at a guess i think there fed differently i.e the ones i posted up are top feed :/

Rory

Lifer
4 bar presure!! There is something a miss with your fueling system.

Standard injectors will fuel more than enough for 9 psi on any turbo.

Have you got your AFR graph from your dyno?

Quick Nick

Member +
ok thanks for that Jono basically I now need to find out which make/model injectors will fir my EP82 and that would do just fine! I am assuming that you own a Nissan and you didnt get those for a starlet?

JonoPhilpott

Member +
As above have a look take your time and choose the right ones for you. They are infact Denso 460cc injectors which do fit a starlet nicely :)

Quick Nick

Member +
Thanks guys ill see if I can track down that link..

I had an awesome guy at AME Tuning at Silverstone setup the car, but the turbo needed plenty of fuel to get the ratio right - ill try to scan and upload the graph later, but basically at 4 BAR it was running the right ratio thoughout and a little rich at top end but that was the best otion. I have driven carefully for a while but want to begin to get it ser up correctly.

For now the right injectors will be coupled with a walbro pump and the RRFPR. That should allow me to run up to 1 BAR and although it wont be that efficient without the ECU, it will be safe.

I'll get it mapped properly with the ECU and EBC when I can afford to do it.

If you think this is the wrong approach let me know ..... :)

Quick Nick

Member +
its a Tong GT spec hybrid CT9 that I sent for a full Turbo dynamics job - from what I can find no one else had had that done so its a bit of an unknown quantity. Even so it still seems high I know.

The worst part is the thirst at the moment, I cant quite get over how thirsty a 1.3 can be its like a V8 ownership experience at the moment without the rumble!!

Quick Nick

Member +
So according to this I can straight fit the mazda 323 GTX Turbo 360cc - Black Top #195500-2130 injectors or Celica/MR2 3SGE NA 370cc and put them straight in with the walbro pump and take it back for RR tuning...interesting could be a go-er ill have to do a little more research.

Rory

Lifer
Ok if you cant scan the graph, whats the AFR coming down to on the graph?

Before buying any other injectors at the minute, i would look at sorting our issue out, 4 bar presure is FAR to high, especially on a little turbo, regardless if TD have worked on it.