which headgasket? 5efte, wossner pistons

pockrockgtti

Member +
Ive just started to get things together for my 5efte build,im gonna be using wossner pistons and pec rods. Im looking to get the compression ratio as near as i can to that of a standard 4efte, and im planning to use a td04 at 1.4bar once the engine has been broken in. I am under the impression that a the wossner pistons are dished by 6cc's. Is this correct? Im just wandering what thickness head gasket should i use?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
Ive just started to get things together for my 5efte build,im gonna be using wossner pistons and pec rods. Im looking to get the compression ratio as near as i can to that of a standard 4efte, and im planning to use a td04 at 1.4bar once the engine has been broken in. I am under the impression that a the wossner pistons are dished by 6cc's. Is this correct? Im just wandering what thickness head gasket should i use?

im running .6c wossner pistons and a 1.4 headgasket near to standerd as you can get

finx

Member +
dished pistons and a 1.4mm head gasket wont get you anywhere near stock compression ratio. youll be way under.

the psi reading you get from doing a compression test has stuff all to do with the static compression ratio of an engine.

if you are set on sticking as close to or slightly above stock compression ratio when using those type of pistons i suggest use a stock genuine toyota head gasket (1.0mm after crush) or a TRD head gasket (0.6mm)

the stock head gasket will keep you as close to stock compression as possible

and if you want to go a little higher (no reason why you cant unless u want to run something stupid like 2bar boost) then the TRD item will bump it up very slightly.

both the toyota gaskets are well upto handling high power and pressures, just to dispel any myths

cheers
Ryan